Pekin running funny?

That's actually the same article that I read yesterday when I heard about niacin. Also the duck never really shows pain and seems to walking around just fine unlike those pictures on that article. And my ducks are adults so they're not on any chick/duckling starter, just regular duck feed and an occasional treat.

Oh, thought you were asking about a duckling. Never mind then. If they are adults then there is no need for additional niacin.

Just watch her and keep us updated :).
update.. My pekin is doing much better after a few days of extra niacin in his diet! Changed from a chick starter to broiler feed that has more protein and more niacin and also added niacin supplement! Thank you for the help and advice!! He still isn't 100% but isn't on deaths doorstep anymore either!!

Unfortunately my pekin was found dead this morning in the medical bin I that I usually keep ducks in when they're sick and injured. I did everything I could but I guess the duck was just too sick.

I'm sorry you lost him.
hugs.gif

Yeah, for about 2-3 days the duck seemed just fine to where I was positive that the duck was just fine too. But then the next day it couldn't even walk correctly, so I took it inside and placed it in the duck medical bin. I've been trying to treat it's feet and giving food and water in hopes that it would help. And it would eat and drink just fine, but it would never lay down. The only time it did lay down was when it was eating/drinking but only for a minute and then it would keep standing. So I don't really know what was exactly wrong with the poor duck but I think it had to do something with its feet at least.

That stinks I'm sorry! Its frustrating isn't it? One minute everything is great then out of the clear blue mass panic and you're in a frenzy trying to diagnose and help! Then heartbroken if it doesn't work! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom