Pekin with pale Bill?

Ellies5Ducks

Chirping
Oct 11, 2020
Hello! I was given 5 baby Pekins back in the fall and was told there probably Perkins but could be saxony or a mix... Anyways, I was wondering if it is normal for them to have pale bills... all 3 of my ducks (two females one male) have a pale bill so maybe it’s a saxony mix... However they still are full white but lay cream colored eggs. I also attached photos below

Attachments

• 7195E185-837D-44DD-81F7-722106D38B84.jpeg
    7195E185-837D-44DD-81F7-722106D38B84.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 51
  • E0DDE599-DEC0-45AA-8792-11730120E14C.jpeg
    E0DDE599-DEC0-45AA-8792-11730120E14C.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DFAA7157-EE9F-4CC4-ABD4-72E4C69731C4.jpeg
    DFAA7157-EE9F-4CC4-ABD4-72E4C69731C4.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 20
It depends on the weight, the agility and the egg-laying:
White Layer
Pekin
AgilityVery active foraging duckRelaxed and laid-back duck
WeightLight to midsize duckHeavy to super-heavy duck
Egg layingAbout one egg per dayMaybe an egg every 2-3 days

Now nobody knows exactly how Metzer Farms has created the White Layer, but i am sure there are some Pekin genes in there, for example Blanca Duck must have the stomach and digestive tract of a Pekin duck (aka. "Black Hole"), she is a voracious eater and gulps down everything that fits through her throat…
Rule of thumb: Small to midsize duck is either a White Layer or a Barnyard surprise mix, heavy and large duck with bright orange legs and bill is most likely a Pekin variant.

It depends on the weight, the agility and the egg-laying:
White Layer
Pekin
AgilityVery active foraging duckRelaxed and laid-back duck
WeightLight to midsize duckHeavy to super-heavy duck
Egg layingAbout one egg per dayMaybe an egg every 2-3 days

Now nobody knows exactly how Metzer Farms has created the White Layer, but i am sure there are some Pekin genes in there, for example Blanca Duck must have the stomach and digestive tract of a Pekin duck (aka. "Black Hole"), she is a voracious eater and gulps down everything that fits through her throat…
Rule of thumb: Small to midsize duck is either a White Layer or a Barnyard surprise mix, heavy and large duck with bright orange legs and bill is most likely a Pekin variant.
Okay so with mine I’d say there pretty heavy, laid back, but lay everyday constantly. I don’t care what they are I was just curious about my little ducky’s!

Okay so with mine I’d say there pretty heavy, laid back, but lay everyday constantly. I don’t care what they are I was just curious about my little ducky’s!
That is the correct attitude! 😍
If the brown duck on the third picture is a Mallard i am sure the white one is a White Layer.
If the brown duck on the third picture is a Rouen i am sure the white one is a Pekin.
And it could always be a Barnyard Surprise duck!

Back
Top Bottom