Pekin X warren?

Olivers poultry

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2016
Chesterfield, England
My Coop
My Coop
Hi , I have a Millefleur Pekin rooster with 6 Warren hens. Is there any possibility that eggs could be fertile and hatch? When it comes Spring I will try hatching them if people have got these hybrids and it is actually a possibility.

Being only a little over a year into the chicken thing, I am not familiar with a Warren. Can you describe for those of us not familiar?

Edit: Ok, I just looked it up. They are a red sexlink. Glad I have increased my IQ today
big_smile.png
! Now what was the question. Oh yeah, yes the eggs would be fertile and the pullets should be very good layers.

Last edited:
Yep, it's possible.

You might not have the best fertility rate, but you should be able to hatch out some chicks.

Bummer is, that pretty mille fleur pattern on your male is recessive, so the chicks won't get that white speckling that makes him so showy. Your chicks will be basically red, with probably some white from the Warren hens.

Fertility is very possible. But to increase the chances I'd trim the feathers below the roosters vent, feathers often get in the way in the fluffier breeds.

Back
Top Bottom