Peking Duck with Water Belly

Thank you Miss Lydia
She also is on an antibiotic
That is terrible she is happy and healthy at this time so I would never put her down unless she was suffering - she is most definitely not!
I have also read other post and there duck is still doing well over a year now!’

When god takes her or she is in pain that is the only way
I totally agree. I give them every chance to heal, each bird is so different and some can overcome anything. And I don't give up very easily either! :lol: You will know when that spark in her eyes for life is gone. Until then love and cherish her every day! :)

I could not try to drain her again until today - Monday I let her go to the pond when she returned she was far behind the others and seemed confused- so rested a day and let out with others in court yard only - and was active and foraging all day could hardly tell anything was wrong;

I tried to drain her today - however not much would come out and I did not want to try more than 2 times - I almost filled one 35 ml - and I am sure will drain more on her own tonight;
Her belly has gone down a lot - and much better - still on anti-biotic - trying to get appointment now with Vet - she is so sweet - so unsure what to do;

We’re here to support. I have had 2 EE hen I am pretty sure had water belly both lived for 2 yrs after I began noticing their symptoms I never drained either and it wasn’t until the end they showed they were in distress. We care and will always support what ever decision you make ❤

Hi
I hope all is well. My duck needs to be drained again. When I tried this time nothing would come out!
Do you know what causes this

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom