Peking Duck with Water Belly

ronna jozef

Chirping
Dec 14, 2017
One of my peking ducks the sweetest one has water belly - I did all the research on this and I am sure- did the epson salt bath as well -

From what I found it needs to be drained - I watched videos and I am sure it has to be done. I am worried - they say you must only drain from the right side - is that looking at her from the front or the back - I am so worried - also put her on antibiotic - but am sure this is what she has;

Please just let me know is the right side from the front or the back

ronna jozef

Chirping
Dec 14, 2017
Hello

It is she is breathing heavy at times - and it is like a balloon in size. They say only drain from the right side - so is that the right from the front or back of her - Also how large of a syringe and will it come right back or relieve her from this for a while-
Thank you just very upsetting to see her this way

casportpony

🦆🦚Enlightened🦚🦆
Project manager
Premium member
7 Years
Jun 24, 2012
I suggest using a 30 ml or larger syringe, and a needle that is 14 gauge. If you're lucky, draining the fluid might extend her life for a few months, but the fluid will return. :hit

@Eggcessive has the link to a good video that shows this being done.

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium member
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
I am not sure where to get a 14 or 16 gauge needle since I have only seen 18 gauge in most feed stores. The larger the needle (the smaller the number) is what you want. Oh, I found a link for some needles here:

Here is a video:

Here is another video of a chicken:

DuckyDonna

Free Ranging
Aug 26, 2018
Dallas, Georgia
I am not sure where to get a 14 or 16 gauge needle since I have only seen 18 gauge in most feed stores. The larger the needle (the smaller the number) is what you want. Oh, I found a link for some needles here:

Here is a video:

Here is another video of a chicken:
Boy a 2" needle would be awful long don't you think?

Top Bottom