Pekins too noisy. There's got to be something I can do...

chickensducks&agoose :

our pekin is loud, but NOTHING compared to our mallard hens. Holy Mackerel!!! THey SCREAM at each other, and if one is in the pond, and one is out, then they have to noisily discuss it... crazy birds!

Yea my DW and I always get a kick out of how they have a conversation. If we pick one up for some reason and then put it back to the others they all gather around and have a quaking discussion. I would love to know what they are saying about us.​

We really enjoyed the Pekins the kids were raising for 4H until the dang things found their voices. OMG! They made so much noise! Just constant loud quacking all the time. We'd be in bed at 10P and they'd be right under our window making a ruckus. I was so glad when they got taken to fair. Of course I let Jacob talk me into adopting some ducklings that the poultry group hatched so now we have 2 Mallards and a Cayuga. I'm hoping they will not make as much noise
fl.gif

I can relate to the dog complaints. I live in a doggy neighborhood, but have one neighbor that lives across the main street that complains if my dogs bark when someone walks by. I'm hoping that my 7 runner ducks are not too noisy. I am very careful with my dogs. I have to watch them close when they are outside in the yard. Sometimes they even get blamed for the other neighbor's dogs. I guess my complaining neighbor works nights. I wish he would move, but that is not likely to happen. Good luck with your ducks.

Tia

Back
Top Bottom