Pekins trying to drown Cayuga

Quote:
nah - unless his libido is thru the roof. hope i didn't come across as too condescending...not my intent or aim.

not at all. you've been amazingly sweet and very helpful.
Thank you very much!!!
smile.png

oh no...would never leave her all alone! I know better than that.
wink.png

I'll try leaving her with one male and start looking for another female so there can be a threesome again.
In the meantime, I have to find a good home for the one male. Who knows how long that could take....

Good idea to get rid of one male. Two drakes will fight if there is only one duck first of all, second of all it's hard on the hen, she will have leg problems, ragged feathers, and loss of feathers on head and back if there are to many drakes. If you want ducks for laying I recomend getting campbell, runners or welsh harlequins. Not all breeds of ducks lay year round but the breeds I just sugested will lay year round and often even out lay many chickens. Make sure you get good purebred birds though. I recomend ordering from Holdereads waterfowl, they breed quality (even show qualilty) birds. They're pricier but for quality like that they're worth it and it's one of the only places to order nice runners that stand right!!!! Hope that helped.
smile.png

Its normal for them to do that. Mating in the water boosts fertilite.

3 horses 7 cows 13 mallard ducks 2 dogs 2 goats 4 toads 1 salamander tadpole and a puppy on the way.
smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Many Birds: Thanks so much for that good info!!!

As a side note: I find it interesting how people tend to not really read the full question and yet go ahead and comment. I appreciate those of you who do NOT do that.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom