Pelican State Classic

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ateutsch2, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ateutsch2

ateutsch2 New Egg

Oct 18, 2011
    Is anyone going to be there showing Barred plymouth Rocks. Still looking to buy a few hens and was wondering if that would be a good place to meet breeders. Also what is the etiquette/protocol on buying birds at a show. Do breeders advertise or do you just ask them.

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Hey, when is this show, anyway? One place says Nov 19, another says Dec 3. I don't have Barred Rocks I'll be showing. Ordinarily you can't post for sale on anything until after the judging. Many times you can find an exhibitor and ask if they have anything for sale. Also there will be a sale area.

3. cochin44

cochin44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    St. Amant, LA
    It is Dec. 3rd

4. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    Anyone plan on going this year?? I was thinking about taking 5 or so birds up there, I am from south Louisiana and new to Louisiana in general...

5. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    Central Louisiana Poultry Club announced this week that the April 20 show in Jennings WILL be APA and ABA approved!
    That means get your entries in bc there is a limited number of cages!

Along witht he APA and ABA Open shows we will be hosting 3 different clinics:
    -Poultry 101- All things poultry
    -Showmanship- You can do it!
    -Exhibition Poultry- What is it & how to be competitive

The morning of the show there will also be a state vet on hand who can draw blood and test for anyone who does not have a current NPIP number of Health certificate. Once he draws blood and the birds pass, he will give you your 9-2 form which is what you will send in to the state for your NPIP Certificate!

So come show with us, get your NPIP number, enjoy the clinics, and show some birds!!

Birds with current health papers can be checked in Friday evening, all other birds MUST be tested and checked in on Saturday, April 20. Check in starts at 7:30am.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by