Pelleted feed for guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isadora

unspecified level of crazy 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Premium Feather Member
Mar 29, 2021
IN
We have been feeding our young guineas pelleted feed. We were looking at how much feed we were buying so we looked up approx how much per guinea they should be eating per day and came across the info that they shouldn't be fed pelleted feed, but couldn't find the reason. Any thoughts?

@R2elk @Sydney65

R2elk

Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
We have been feeding our young guineas pelleted feed. We were looking at how much feed we were buying so we looked up approx how much per guinea they should be eating per day and came across the info that they shouldn't be fed pelleted feed, but couldn't find the reason. Any thoughts?

@R2elk @Sydney65
If your guineas are adults or old enough to be on adult feed there is nothing wrong with giving pellets. My oldest adults ar 8 years old and have been fed pellets all their adult life.

Isadora

unspecified level of crazy 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Premium Feather Member
Mar 29, 2021
IN
If your guineas are adults or old enough to be on adult feed there is nothing wrong with giving pellets. My oldest adults ar 8 years old and have been fed pellets all their adult life.
Thanks!

Sydney65

Crowing
Aug 2, 2019
Indiana

@R2elk @Sydney65
I think most who prefer crumbles to pellets feel there is less scratch/wasted. I use crumbles, and if they could, they'd waste it too, scratching at it like a bucket of mixed nuts. I invested in plastic boot trays that are under their feed bowls. It catches whatever gets scratched and another guinea will come along and eat it.

R2elk

Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
I think most who prefer crumbles to pellets feel there is less scratch/wasted. I use crumbles, and if they could, they'd waste it too, scratching at it like a bucket of mixed nuts. I invested in plastic boot trays that are under their feed bowls. It catches whatever gets scratched and another guinea will come along and eat it.
I feed pellets because there is far less pellets wasted than crumbles. They typically clean up any spilled pellets where crumbles get mixed in with everything else and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom