Pelleted feed for guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isadora

Toadally awesome 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Mar 29, 2021
Indiana
We have been feeding our young guineas pelleted feed. We were looking at how much feed we were buying so we looked up approx how much per guinea they should be eating per day and came across the info that they shouldn't be fed pelleted feed, but couldn't find the reason. Any thoughts?

@R2elk @Sydney65

We have been feeding our young guineas pelleted feed. We were looking at how much feed we were buying so we looked up approx how much per guinea they should be eating per day and came across the info that they shouldn't be fed pelleted feed, but couldn't find the reason. Any thoughts?

@R2elk @Sydney65
If your guineas are adults or old enough to be on adult feed there is nothing wrong with giving pellets. My oldest adults ar 8 years old and have been fed pellets all their adult life.

If your guineas are adults or old enough to be on adult feed there is nothing wrong with giving pellets. My oldest adults ar 8 years old and have been fed pellets all their adult life.
Thanks!

@R2elk @Sydney65
I think most who prefer crumbles to pellets feel there is less scratch/wasted. I use crumbles, and if they could, they'd waste it too, scratching at it like a bucket of mixed nuts. I invested in plastic boot trays that are under their feed bowls. It catches whatever gets scratched and another guinea will come along and eat it.

I think most who prefer crumbles to pellets feel there is less scratch/wasted. I use crumbles, and if they could, they'd waste it too, scratching at it like a bucket of mixed nuts. I invested in plastic boot trays that are under their feed bowls. It catches whatever gets scratched and another guinea will come along and eat it.
I feed pellets because there is far less pellets wasted than crumbles. They typically clean up any spilled pellets where crumbles get mixed in with everything else and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom