Pellets or Crumble question

I have 4 year old guineas. And chickens. I feed all flock pellets with oyster shell in a separate hanging feeder. The guineas have not starved yet. I also bought two old guinea girls recently and they eat the pellets. Maybe because they see the chickens eat it? The two new ones are with the chickens because the resident birds won't accept them. It was a rescue situation. I sure don't need more guineas that won't get along. I've thought maybe it is their beak shape that makes it hard for them to eat pellets, but mine eat them without any trouble.

I have 4 year old guineas. And chickens. I feed all flock pellets with oyster shell in a separate hanging feeder. The guineas have not starved yet. I also bought two old guinea girls recently and they eat the pellets. Maybe because they see the chickens eat it? The two new ones are with the chickens because the resident birds won't accept them. It was a rescue situation. I sure don't need more guineas that won't get along. I've thought maybe it is their beak shape that makes it hard for them to eat pellets, but mine eat them without any trouble.
My guineas prefer crumble to pellets but will eat pellets in a pinch.

Does anyone know why guineas prefer crumble? I give mine pellets to help control waste on the ground. They will pick up a pellet dropped but not crumbles. They are several years old and are healthy so I assume getting enough to eat. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom