Pen ?

S n M Poultry

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Riverside,CA
I have 2 full grown turkeys in an 8' X 8' pen. im getting 6 more this month. I was wondering how many turkeys can i fit in an 8' X 16'? Thanks in advance.

about 100, they only need a 1 1/2 square foot per turky, for them to be comfertable
wink.png

Quote:
That is a new sort of definition of "comfortable" for me.

To me, "comfortable" is where the bird can walk around and stretch without running into anyone else, and have some actual unoccupied space around it.

Pat

We have 11 turkeys in a 10x20' run, and right now it seems huge, but when they're 45 pounds each??? I think it will be just right.
smile.png

Well if my math is right it would be a 36 square foot area. If they need 4 square feet each i could fit approximatly 6-7 turkeys right? I need 8 heritage breed turkeys to fit in the 8' X 16' pen. do you think it will be ok?

Last edited:
8' x 16' = 128 square feet

So 8 turkeys in the 128 square feet will give them 16 square feet per bird which will be fine for them.
wink.png

I'm glad you asked this question as Skip (hubby) wants to raise some turkey's for meat, eventually.

Dawn

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

...and they're oh, so yummy...
tongue.png

smoked, too...
big_smile.png

Now that was plain evil since it's gonna be atleast 2 years before we even make the move to AR and can get started!
hugs.gif

Quote:
12 ' x 18' = 216 square feet, so you could give 27 turkeys space which is approximately 8 square feet per bird.

Dawn​

Back
Top Bottom