Penciled duckling? Genetics

Waddlewoods

Chirping
May 8, 2023
My ducklings have started to hatch and a nice little surprise popped out of the first egg. Meet Turbo...
1000005034.jpg
1000005035.jpg
1000005033.jpg

Is this little cutie penciled?
It's a surprise because these eggs came from my friends flock of all solid colour ducks. A chocolate drake over solid blue, silver and solid fawn hens. I'm fascinated by genetics. How do the genetics work for the runner gene?

Thanks in advance.

My ducklings have started to hatch and a nice little surprise popped out of the first egg. Meet Turbo...
View attachment 3629084View attachment 3629085View attachment 3629087
It's a surprise because these eggs came from my friends flock of all solid colour ducks. A chocolate drake over solid blue, silver and solid fawn hens. I'm fascinated by genetics. How do the genetics work for the runner gene?

Thanks in advance.
Adorable!!!

This thread may help you. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/runner-mating-with-non-runners.1578593/

View attachment 3629084View attachment 3629085View attachment 3629087

Thanks in advance.
Looks to be more ancona/magpie. Penciled usually come out with a brownish color

Back
Top Bottom