Pennies from Heaven ... There are some wonderful stories here!

My grandmother passed away in September. At her funeral, there was a butterfly just hanging around everyone while we sat outside, waiting to go in. When we went to go inside the butterfly landing on my grandfathers shoulder. That butterfly spent the rest of the service on his shoulder. It fluttered away when we went back outside. It was amazing.

My sister in law lost her husband and their second child last year. She has told me some stories that are jsut amazing. Many times, she has found pennies where nothing had been just seconds before. My neice plays with her daddy and talks with him (she's 3). I know that they come to visit with them and make sure they are ok.

You guys made me cry too. Although I do that alot this year.
We had been looking for a cow since last year. Finally gave up because we couldn't find one that we could afford that was the breed we wanted.
My mom died on May 15th. Very unexpectedly with no warning. It devestated me. We had to wait over a month to have her funeral because my brother was injured in the accident that killed my mom. He was in the hospital for a month and we waited for him to be able to attend. We had to travel for her funeral and by the time we came back I was completely destroyed emotionally.
A few days after we got home I got a phone call from someone who asked if I was still looking for a cow. We had been to their farm months before but they didn't have any available. She had kept our number and called us when her friends husband died unexpectedly. He had a very spoiled 2 year old jersey cow who had a heifer calf at her side was bred back and was nurse cow to 2 young bulls. The deal was that it was a package deal and had to be done that day. The price for all was less than half of what we had been told for just a springing heifer. With help from a good friend I was able to get those darn cows. I know they came from my mom. She loved fresh raw milk and craved it.
Oh, the cows name is Sweet Pea. That's what my mother called my brother when he was a baby.
Thanks for sharing your stories.

I know this thread is older, but I had something happen today that was remarkable, and if anyone still reads this, I thought I'd share.

Sometimes, no matter how cautious you are, you're not always able to be ready for the suddeness of the world.

Today, walking through the rainy parking lot to the grocery store, holding hands with my 7 year old son, and ensuring I was aware of the moving vehicles, the cars that were on and not moving, and people sitting in parked cars as well as every other danger that's present in the parking lot... I noticed a car in particular that had a driver in the seat and the engine on, but she was reading. We continued to walk quickly, but almost immediately I noticed a bright shiny penny on the ground. In a matter of seconds, knowing my son would want to pick it up for his "found change" collection, I stopped and maneuvered us backward about 3 steps. And just in the second I was pointing it to him, the lady in the car that we were only inches away from now (as we had backed up so were no longer directly behind her), threw the car into reverse and floored it. I yelled, she skreeched to a stop. If I hadn't seen that penny, we would still have been behind her car and my son would have been under it.

I belive that penny saved my son's life, and possibly that of my own. BTW, the penny was not there 10 minutes later when we left.

when my brother died I was broke. Not a penny to my name... we went to the funeral home to plan his funeral when we came home there was change all on my picnic table and the ground. went in the house and all that day I kept finding change.... we also had a pet mouse that had gotten out of its cage several months before. and we had not seen it in awhile so figured the cat got. the night my brother died the m ouse put himself back in the cage and never got out again. just strange

The Lord continues to provide and amaze. My dad worried for years that I should get out of carrying mail and into managemet. I resisted beacuase of the complete distaste I have for most postal management. He passed before my knees gave out, so as far as he knew I was still a letter carrier.

I've spent the last few years trying to be a better manager than most postal supervisors. This past winter I was given the opportunity to have a postmaster position. My appointment date - my dads birthday. I believe he knows I've moved on.

Back
Top Bottom