Pennsylvania NPIP

Gillfarms

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2023
So I am looking into getting NPIP in Pennsylvania. Can someone who went through the process tell me about Uber inspection process? I read that we aren't allowed to have dirt floor runs? If this is true what kind of runs are we allowed? Any other specifics with the insurrection you can tell me? I wish there was a outline of things you can and cannot have. Audi what is the cost of getting NPIP certified through Pennsylvania?

So I am looking into getting NPIP in Pennsylvania. Can someone who went through the process tell me about Uber inspection process? I read that we aren't allowed to have dirt floor runs? If this is true what kind of runs are we allowed? Any other specifics with the insurrection you can tell me? I wish there was an outline of things you can and cannot have. Audi what is the cost of getting NPIP certified through Pennsylvania?
Have you visited the NPIP website ?

Have you visited the PA department of Ag website?

Both of these will provide you with info.

You can also peruse USDA APHIS website if so inclined.

So I am looking into getting NPIP in Pennsylvania. Can someone who went through the process tell me about Uber inspection process? I read that we aren't allowed to have dirt floor runs? If this is true what kind of runs are we allowed? Any other specifics with the insurrection you can tell me? I wish there was a outline of things you can and cannot have. Audi what is the cost of getting NPIP certified through Pennsylvania?
https://extension.psu.edu/national-poultry-improvement-plan-npip-biosecurity-planning

http://www.poultryimprovement.org/documents/OfficialStateAgencies.pdf

Yes I have all the documents from nan. But none of that tells me the specifics for the inspection with what kind of runs we're allowed to have. It goes over a bunch off other stuff though. Such as rodent and insect control, etc.

Call your Ag department and ask.

This is one of those over reaching add-ons some states feel the need to implement. My state tells me I MUST wash eggs. Seriously? Obviously I don't. They also "inspect" your incubator if you hatch chicks. Why? And the list goes on depending on each state. None of these add-on regulations have anything to do with NPIP.

Call your Ag department and ask.

This is one of those over reaching add-ons some states feel the need to implement. My state tells me I MUST wash eggs. Seriously? Obviously I don't. They also "inspect" your incubator if you hatch chicks. Why? And the list goes on depending on each state. None of these add-on regulations have anything to do with NPIP.
(Wisconsin). I just got inspected yesterday morning. She tested all 14 and said I'm good. I got the forms to send in and paid her $20, a $5 tip, and a carton of eggs.

She told me I don't need the NPIP for what I do (sell chicks/hatching eggs locally, and ship hatching eggs occasionally) and in-state, I don't need anything. She suggested the thing Wisconsin requires for exhibition is the Wisconsin Tested Flock certification, even though I'll never show mine, and it's not even necessary for what I do.

Testing for individual sales, including swaps, is no longer required. This change was issued in the new waiver implemented in February 2021.

It is the same test, but free. She said if anything ever changes, call her up and she'll complete the NPIP form for me.

Just an example comparing the states that are going overboard, with ours that doesn't even require it except for incoming poultry, and if we're shipping out of state, we have to have what that outgoing state requires, except if it's just hatching eggs, nobody's policing that. I tell my P.O. it's hatching eggs in the box and they don't blink an eye. Another state where I got eggs from must have a P.O. that adheres to it as she marked my box "Live Fish."

Nobody wants national government control on anything we don't need it for, but this certainly seems to be one thing there should be at least basic nation-wide standards set so states can't change the requirements to whatever they want.

Back
Top Bottom