Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Pics
Quote:
I know of at least 2 live poultry markets. You are legally allowed to keep one for 24 hours, with the assumption that it's being killed.

Animal control has also said that unless a noise or sanitation issue arises they don't really enforce. They have enough to deal with.

Likewise, I've talked to several policemen, and they all tell me that they don't care. You can hear many roosters crowing, especially in some communities in North Philly.

I just keep mine clean and quiet. Fortunately for me, my one neighbor who would complain can't see over my fence, and is very hard of hearing. So for now, the addiction continues (as the incubator hums by my bedside)

Even if somebody does complain you can fight it. All you have to do is take shots of other backyard birds and show that you are keeping yours clean and all. The ones at the markets are not always butchered. I know this because I know several people in South Philly that have had birds in their backyards. lol
Animals control has backyard birds so far down their list since they have all the strays to round up, vicious dogs etc............ they have so much to deal with that a few chickens in the backyard are not even on their radar. And the cops would really want to get the ones raising them for cock fighting and other illegal activities. They are also so bogged down with crimes that they turn a blind eye to it. Honestly if the choice is busting somebody for backyard birds or getting a abuser the abuser is caught.
Even out in Delco the cops have the same attitude. Well except for the guy that would walk around naked and have sex with his gf in his backyard which can be seen clearly from the street, but that is another story entirely................

Hi, all! Just stopping by again to say "hello" to all my fellow PA'ers. I live in Schuylkill County, PA.

I work on May 23 - and I missed last year's Chickenstock because I worked. But I haven't called off sick for a long time, and cough, cough... I feel sickness coming over me. You know, sometimes it takes awhile to get better. Ahem.

Hello Everyone!

I'm outside of West Chester, PA and I'm seeing so many people from my part of PA!
We need to do a "meet 'n greet" at Pickering Valley in Lionville. I worked in Exton and Pickering was a monthly stop, wether I needed to or not.
I've never bought a chick there but once they had a darling little black Silkie roo. I went back for him the next Monday but someone else liked him too!
I did buy Pheasants a few years ago, for release. They were such a pia. Screetching every time I went near the pen. I could not wait 'till they were old enough for release.
Somehow I thought I needed to repopulate the Pheasants on Pheasant Lane.
I have silkies!
White's and Buff's. They are pampered pets and would not come out today. I guess they heard the forecast of 12' to 20" of snow. The heat lamp has been on them almost daily since the 20" snowstorm on 12/20. One dollar a day....
It's hard to believe I've had chickens since the spring of '01.
But I'm thinking about chicks so spring must be around the corner:lau
Looking forward to see how everyone is coping through February.
Brenda

Im Not Sure If This Is Where I Post This But Anyway If Theres Anybody In Luzerne County Pa That Would Like Bread For Their Animals Let Me Know I Get It By The Truck Loads And I Will Share .

Oops, forgot to check this site recently...it's good to know that there are fellow local chicken enthusiasts: chauqg, FLF, MuranoFarms and browneyebutterfly!

If anyone is familiar w/ Lambert's Feed on Rte 8 in Valencia, there is a great chicken guru who works there.....I get lots of chicken advice from him. Rich is his name. Many of the chicken exhibits at the Butler county fair are his.....

We should all get together when the weather breaks!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom