Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

GFF is www.greenfirefarms.com They have a list of wonderful breeds. NYD has ongoing contests. Last night the aim was to get to 2000 posts, if that happened GFF gave eggs to a randomly chosen poster, Sally was that poster.

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Missy. I've been looking at the cream legbars. The isbars your looking at, are they blue isbars?

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    WHAT!?!?!? Holy egg lottery!

4. PrnzsButtrcluck

PrnzsButtrcluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    I don't understand the swaps. I have some eggs, but none listed. I'm coming down 81 on Saturday, though. Not sure what I'll have, since they are being cranky.

5. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Sooo since I just went and tried stalking your profile and didn't see but three chicks and one I know doesn't lay eggs, cuz my three like holding chick, but couldn't lay an egg to save their lives lol. Sooo what kinds do you have?

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Thankyou Patrickschick, my little hen sure picked a rough time to decide she wants to sit! I'd gladly buy a larger batch of eggs and share but you folks are all on the other side of the state from me and I'm not sure how to handle the eggs for transport to not do damage to them.
    The egg swap pages are overwhelming. I guess maybe I'm just not deeply enough involved in it, or experienced with it, or maybe since I'm not incubator hatching and breeding it isn't the right fit for me.
    I posted on the want ads thread in the hopes someone may have a smaller set up and be looking to sell, that was the only place I could find on here that seemed to be the right fit for my type of ad... I don't have a facebook account.
    Missy, thanks for the GFF clarification... I should have picked up on that because I have heard of them before [​IMG]

Sally, congrats on the egg wins!! [​IMG]

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    if there aren't pictures, it didn.t happen

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Yes blue isbars...but it's a dream...not a practicality..I'd never pay those prices for a chicken again.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Yeah Greenfire farms is the cream of the crop when it comes to chickens. I couldn't imagine spending the money to import those birds from all over the world. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by