Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'm confused... I am still trying to figure out where to find some eggs for Gracie, I may end up ordering from Meyer (I think that was the one that allowed small orders and we only need 8-10) but will have to call them tomorrow to see when they would ship..... So I went to the paypal/eggswap thread hoping to find some more sources and was totally confused (but maybe because it's late and I need to reread it tomorrow)
I didn't even go to the NYD hatchalong thread (figured it was for folks hatching incubator eggs for the New Year?) but didn't know there were
ongoing contests there or is it an ongoing swap?
 I'm going to show just how new I am... what does GFF stand for?

GFF is www.greenfirefarms.com They have a list of wonderful breeds. NYD has ongoing contests. Last night the aim was to get to 2000 posts, if that happened GFF gave eggs to a randomly chosen poster, Sally was that poster.

MY LIST of WANTS (NOT DREAMS)

2 HENS Silkies either White, blue, splash or red/buff IDK what color they call those????
2 HENS Blue Cochin
2 More SQ Dark Brahma Hens
Serama Eggs from ED for the kid, HarmonyAnn

I won GFF eggs yesterday on the NYDhatchalong

gotta pick what breeds
Isbars
Tolbunts
Cream crested legbars
Rhodebars
Swedish Flower Hens
White Breese
Jubliee Orpingtons
Dwarf Olandsk
Sumtalers
Partridge barthuners
Biefelders
Sumtalers
Chocolate bantam Orps
Cream crested legbars

TONIGHT I won more from madamwlf ... not sure what kind she has????

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/madamwlfs-swap-page
WHAT!?!?!? Holy egg lottery!

I don't understand the swaps. I have some eggs, but none listed. I'm coming down 81 on Saturday, though. Not sure what I'll have, since they are being cranky.

I don't understand the swaps. I have some eggs, but none listed. I'm coming down 81 on Saturday, though. Not sure what I'll have, since they are being cranky.
Sooo since I just went and tried stalking your profile and didn't see but three chicks and one I know doesn't lay eggs, cuz my three like holding chick, but couldn't lay an egg to save their lives lol. Sooo what kinds do you have?

Thankyou Patrickschick, my little hen sure picked a rough time to decide she wants to sit! I'd gladly buy a larger batch of eggs and share but you folks are all on the other side of the state from me and I'm not sure how to handle the eggs for transport to not do damage to them.
The egg swap pages are overwhelming. I guess maybe I'm just not deeply enough involved in it, or experienced with it, or maybe since I'm not incubator hatching and breeding it isn't the right fit for me.
I posted on the want ads thread in the hopes someone may have a smaller set up and be looking to sell, that was the only place I could find on here that seemed to be the right fit for my type of ad... I don't have a facebook account.
Missy, thanks for the GFF clarification... I should have picked up on that because I have heard of them before
hide.gif

Sally, congrats on the egg wins!!
wee.gif

Thankyou Patrickschick, my little hen sure picked a rough time to decide she wants to sit! I'd gladly buy a larger batch of eggs and share but you folks are all on the other side of the state from me and I'm not sure how to handle the eggs for transport to not do damage to them.
The egg swap pages are overwhelming. I guess maybe I'm just not deeply enough involved in it, or experienced with it, or maybe since I'm not incubator hatching and breeding it isn't the right fit for me.
I posted on the want ads thread in the hopes someone may have a smaller set up and be looking to sell, that was the only place I could find on here that seemed to be the right fit for my type of ad... I don't have a facebook account.
Missy, thanks for the GFF clarification... I should have picked up on that because I have heard of them before
hide.gif

Sally, congrats on the egg wins!!
wee.gif
Yeah Greenfire farms is the cream of the crop when it comes to chickens. I couldn't imagine spending the money to import those birds from all over the world.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom