Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

This morning I had two ducklings hatched and one was half out and now when I went for pics she is stiff!!! I almost flipped, she made it that friggen far!!! I pulled her out of the shell and it was filled with globby blood!!!! she musta ruptured her navel veins or something!!! OMG I was so sad!!!! WE ONLY have two ducks and I swear I WILL NEVER EVER HATCH ducks again!! or else I need to do ALOT MORE RESEARCH because I should have done some things different during incubation but I chose dry incubation route.. NOT AGAIN for DUCKS!!!
QUESTION: what kinda dish and depth water do I need for newly hatched ancona ducklings?

OH My! You really DO have ducks!! I WON duck eggs on the NYD Hatch Thread!! Khaki Campbells!!! I didn't even realize they were ducks, had to google Khaki Campbell. duh. But Man are they cute, YAY!! Sally you'll have to share your duck hatching and raising knowledge with me.

Oh no, Sally. I just re~read your post. Sorry it was a tough hatch. On a brighter note, we have chicks!! A Langshan and a Cochin. I think they're kissin..

This morning I had two ducklings hatched and one was half out and now when I went for pics she is stiff!!! I almost flipped, she made it that friggen far!!! I pulled her out of the shell and it was filled with globby blood!!!! she musta ruptured her navel veins or something!!! OMG I was so sad!!!! WE ONLY have two ducks and I swear I WILL NEVER EVER HATCH ducks again!! or else I need to do ALOT MORE RESEARCH because I should have done some things different during incubation but I chose dry incubation route.. NOT AGAIN for DUCKS!!!

QUESTION: what kinda dish and depth water do I need for newly hatched ancona ducklings?

They are adorable Sally!
love.gif
So sorry the others didn't make it, but I bet these two keep you busy! Can you tell the sex of ducklings based on color or feathers or is it like most chicks where it is a wait and see situation?

Fisherlady, your Sadie is beautiful. I should be headed to the Jersey Shore for our annual NYD trip, just can't commit to the idea of driving down there just to head back again.

I miss DH and the kiddos, but I do have chickies hatching to keep me entertained.

gonna need some help to identify the 2 birds that hatched during the hurricane, they are still inside with me,,,,got kind of attached to them,,,,but I have no idea what they are, eggs came from an auction so could be anything....

any guesses !!! cause I have no clue besides probable mixed mutts.

gonna need some help to identify the 2 birds that hatched during the hurricane, they are still inside with me,,,,got kind of attached to them,,,,but I have no idea what they are, eggs came from an auction so could be anything....

any guesses !!! cause I have no clue besides probable mixed mutts.
The voices are telling me to keep my mouth shut (okay. My hands from typing!) but they bring me to mind of Wyandottes.

Sally,

When I have ducklings, I just use a regular plastic chick waterer. As long as they can get their nostrils wet, they have enough water. They don't need to swim, and the more water they have to slop in, the more they stink. Ducklings are cute, but there's a reason we started calling them 'stinklings'.

Oh, once they start laying again, I'll have blue Swedish eggs to share/trade.

Sally, So sorry for your loss. The ones that hatched are beautiful. Do not give up trying. your step by step was so informative. I would love to see more from you. I have call ducks and may need your expert advice when they start to lay.

Sally these are the things I have been telling you, hatching ducks have been so frustrating, i just gave up...My plan is to order hatchery ducks in the spring if that's what i have to do.
OMG wINg that sucked!!! no THAT SUCKED!!! they were so fine until friggen lockdown and then I thought ok they are all pipping here we go!! SCREAM!

Back
Top Bottom