Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    I really hope she stops being broody. Last time she was broody for a month before I gave her guinea eggs. She went broody 3 months later and stole 8 eggs and she is with those babies now. I think I have all roos and 1 pullet. :( I guess I will have dinner, no one wants males.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    pictures of the box!! I am in need of two please!!!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I understand exactly what you mean barbie! Our silkie went broody on us and we were in the process of finding eggs, was going to make a final decision Wednesday so we could get her some eggs.... a couple of great folks on here told me of one's they had available and I found a hatchery that would do small amounts...... and today one of our other silkie mixes (I think... she's the blue one I posted pics of a few pages back) decided she's in the mood to sit too!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

She spent a lot of time in the box last two days but roosted each night with the rest... tonight we went out to give them there evening snack and get them tucked in (tonight was hot cereal with raisins and brown sugar with a side of cooked fish) and Phyllis (yep...Diller) was sitting tight in the box next to Gracie's! I got Gracie out for a stretch and a snack and had to get Phyllis out too...
    she walked around making 'chirrruuuppp' noises, ate a few bites and headed back to the box. I got her out again and put a marked egg in the box near the edge to see what she'd do. She got in, touched the egg with her beak and checked it over, then proceded to pull it to the middle of the nest and tuck it under herself, purring and clucking at it while she was situating herself. We'll go out in a couple of hours to see if she decides to spend the night in the box or move back to the roost with the others. So looks like I might need a few more eggs than I thought!

The Significant Other said... "I hope this doesn't give any more of them any ideas!" , but did ask how many more eggs we would need! [​IMG]

5. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Too cute!!! [​IMG]

6. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
  7. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Haha! One of my bantam langshans went broody on a dummy wooden egg this past fall! I feel your pain! [​IMG]

8. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    I told her this is not the time of year to have babies, way too cold. She just growled at me. Silly silkie.

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ITS perfect I will take 4 of them now please!!!

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by