Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Here's the link to the thread about sprouting that 3riverschick posted.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=425134&p=29

Hey you gals with the chickie young'ens....a while back we were hoping for a warm fall because of the little chickadees hatching. Well, don't know that we can have warmer than this in November!!! Anything warmer would be freaky.

[​IMG]

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:I know...all that worry!!! My girls are now almost 10 wks old and doing well outside!

With this warm weather I am able/willing to spend time in their run with them and am reinforcing their manners...no biting mama's fingers! 1/2 of them have earned names and Curly, one of my RIR loves to sit in my lap and be petted. Earlier today I actually had to put her down so I could go do some work. I think she would have sat there on my lap all day, she even started to fall asleep!

3. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    So nice to see so many PA folks joining in! Welcome everyone [​IMG]

4. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I am looking for some feathers,i am making a wreath and my 11 girls just do not give them up! Also pink feed sacks!thx

5. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:A feather wreath? I would love to see that! All I have are little chicken feathers from my 10 wk old girls, are you making it with rooster feathers?

6. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I made it with anykind i could find,i have 11 hens and i bought some feathers,i will post a picture

7. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I can't wait to see it!

I put up 2 trees in the house for Christmas, 1 in the upstairs which is the "pretty tree" and 1 in the downstairs which tends to be the more "homemade tree" and I am going to hang painted eggs on my tree this year! It will be a "hobby" tree with eggs, gardening items and golden retrievers (my hobbies), saltwater fish, motorcycles and trains (hubby's hobbies) and Steelers and Penguins ornaments-both huge fans!

My friends already think I'm over the top so a feather wreath...might push me over the edge!

8. dmccann

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Charging the batteries!

9. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Quote:Okay, so you're not over the edge yet....already pictured you hanging by a toe nail [​IMG]

Darlene....can't wait to see the feather wreath! What an awesome idea!

btw....Have a question about sprouting the oats. The sprouts look sooo tiny compared to mung beans and lentels. Maybe I need to wait longer for them?

10. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Trish,

They are small sprouts...I just wait like 2 days from when I see green and then toss them to the girls! and HAHAHA, hanging on by a toenail!

Leslie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by