Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have no heat in my coops. I only opened the door to change water and grab eggs (I can't believe they are laying in this!!). BTW, Mimsy (the BR) did her BEST to come out, but I made her stay in. Silly girl!

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Opened the door, they came out for a time. Left it open. They can stay in or go out, up to them. The Hardy ones will survive, I hope. Windows are open on the Coop anyway. No light and no heat. Guess I'm cruel.

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    You have the same weather as I do, and mine have always survived without heat, and I never close up ...unless we are both cruel...

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    OOOUUUCCCHH!!!!!

Toes really hurt when they start to thaw out..

5. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Mine go out every day and stay out roming then go in to warm up and back out in the afternoon, I had there small door open with the lights on in the coop, my leghorn roo is showing frostbite on his comb[​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    No Heat, Not left outside, cold enough for waterers to be frozen am and pm so I dont know coop temps, no vaseline, froze my butt off, activated my raynauds and paying for it now.

DH took pm shift.... said they looked good, did he actually look at them.... I doubt it

but hey, their windows are closed!!

I sure hope this bickering and indecisiveness isn't going to cost me any chickens

7. oletymer

May 29, 2012
    I might not have heat if I didnt has 2 silkies and a bantam running around, I did give them cooked oats and it froze before it was all gone

8. oletymer

May 29, 2012
    Mother nature at its best, the strong will survive..[​IMG]

9. radioman

radioman Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2012
    Indiana County
    Heat in the coop...guilty...
    I feel so bad for them, I know I wouldn't want to be out there in these temps...

But, hey...the electric company called and thanked me for the economic stimulus that heating the coop is providing to them!!

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by