Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania

I'm 15 minutes away from Punxsy, lemme know if you need help

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I understand it's 'tradition' and a lot of folks have fun with it... but living through it year after year, and working EMS around it is no fun!!

Are you in the Stump Creek/Sykesville area if you are that close?

4. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    My wife splurged post-Christmas and bought a vacuum cleaner robot. I think this is it:

http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11305110

You can schedule it when to clean and I have to say, it is a very good cleaner. If anyone remembers the Jetsons, she calls it "Rosie". With 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 kids and a chinchilla and a pretty big house, vacuuming is a pretty big chore. It does 1-2 rooms per day on its own schedule. Works great on hardwood and carpet, and rooms with both like an oriental rug.

5. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Hi kathlind...im rather new too! welcome

6. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Well I opened their door and everyone looked at me like <<SHUT THE DOOR[​IMG] so I slip there food bin inside checked there water and shut the door[​IMG]

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Welcome aboard!

Is your house all on one floor?

If either of you want on the map, let me know your zipcode and I'll add ya!

8. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    No. It is on 3 floors - 1st floor, 2nd floor, finished basement. So Mondays and Tuesdays, it does the first floor. Tuesday night, move it upstairs. It does the bedrooms on Wednesday and Thursday. Move it to basement. Friday it does the basement. It gets Saturday and Sunday off! [​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Progress of our Shed conversion to breeder pens and grow out pens.... larger pics are in my profile in family and pets

We split the shed in half longwise with a simple 2x3 fram and that plastic chicken wire because its cheap.
    We made two breeder pens and 2 stacked grow out pens, which dont have doors or chickens yet.
    I wanted it this way so I had easy access to each pen without having to step in chicken poo to go from one into another pen, plus I have hanging storage and storage for straw and feed, etc.
    All doors will be unframed on the bottom so I can simply sweep pens out the door and right onto a tarp I can pull into woods compost pile without having to load it all up. Simply cleaning was on my mind BIG time. each pen has an outlet on the ceiling as well as a reg light on timers.... grow outs will have red heat lamps.. for now the nov hatch brahma are residing in the second breeder pen until I get set up. Each pen has cement block for beak scratching, water dishes, and feed, and book shelves made into nesting bxs.... Need to get a roost up for the cochin, but they seem to like that broken skid so I left it for now....
    This is the view from the front doors..... the first pen opens up with the main door left side...... the middle pen has its own door.
    [​IMG]

this is my light stenciled brahma gal, just had to take her pic she was so pretty
    [​IMG]

this is a view with both front doors open
    [​IMG]

cochin pen
    [​IMG]

2nd pen with my braham kiddos

[​IMG]

two grow out brooder areas stacked in the last "stall" work in progress
    [​IMG]

oh and this here is Ruger, one of Maddys Pups born in sept.... one of my oldest sons kept him for those who arent on FB
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by