1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    YAY! FINALLY made my back feel better! While the kids were in the tub, I leaned on the drawer knobs and dug them into all of the muscles that were sore (burning/stinging muscle was first!) And just kept pressure on til the pain went away. Not sure WHY it works, but man, I can breathe!

2. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur Premium Member

LOL, my hatch rate with shipped eggs isn't too hot either. Only 2 of 6 seem to be developing of the batch I have in now. Sucks. Crossing my fingers that the eggs coming this week, #1) are treated better by the post office and #2) they develop. [​IMG]

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Bwahahaha!

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    lots of luck with that, po is being really nasty lately

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I have eggs coming too! What do you have coming?

6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur Premium Member

Barred Hollands! [​IMG]

7. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Welp, I just set 12 English bantam black Orp eggs, about 16 Mille Fleur bantam Cochin eggs form my own pens, 6-8 Delaware x Ameraucana eggs and 2 pure Ameraucana eggs. All but the Orps are my own eggs. I decided to see what the Del x Ams will give me. Other than OEs. ;) This is my first setting for the year. I am a month and a half behind.

Just to put it out there, I will be looking for a Sportsman incubator in about 2 weeks. If anyone has one in decent working order they plan on selling, let me know (I prefer a 1502). I really don't want to pay the whole $700+ for a new one.

8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Not a Sportsman, but another option: http://dickeyincubators.com/products.htm I have one and it works well. I remembered them as being less expensive, but they're almost that much too.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus w/crappy Inet Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    We have Blue and Splash Americauna to be delivered today!! YAY!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by