Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Woo hoo!!!

I had a mini heart attack this morning. I went down to the basement and both of my brooders were dark. BOTH lights had burned out overnight. Thankfully the chicks in them were a little older and they were huddled up and fine. Stopped my heart for a second though!

2. radioman

radioman Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2012
    Indiana County
    I may be a few pages late on this reply, but about the mouse problem...
    At work I use moth balls to repel mice.

Half a dozen in a small tray or dish placed where the mice seem to frequent, they don't like the vapors and stay away.
    I do this in most of my mousey radio cabinets!

It kinda seems to work for repelling cats too!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    FYI I have a few 3 mo. Dark Brahma Roo's for sale, PM if interested THESE are LF HUGE birds NOT Bantam.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  5. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    1435 missed posts.. not sure i have time to read all that!! LOL

My Poor chickens... so neglected these days, sickness ( family sick, not the ladies), family drama, Freezing water! And my frustration that only 1 is laying, when I think the other 2 should be, not sure what I am doing wrong.. sigh.. and i am sure this cold weather is not helping!

Hope everyone is well!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  6. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

You aren't doing anything wrong. Just the way they are. Mine are the same, some days good, some days bad. Those that should lay don't, those that shouldn't be do.
    Better days are ahead, both in the chicken coop and in life.

7. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I thought I saw someone looking for a new incubator? Found this on CL if anyone is interested? I don't know much about them, I haven't gotten to hatching yet, although I would like to try it once, I think my son would get a real kick outta it!

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/3595109258.html

8. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    I feel your pain, all week I have had 1 egg a day , same hen because the egg s all look the same[​IMG], now today there was 5 and not in the nests, they were where ever that bird was huddled[​IMG] Here an egg ,there an egg everywhere and egg egg.....its like and easter egg hunt in the coop[​IMG]...and then another 2 inches of snow to sweep off everything.....

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Lookey what came today!! will candle tonight at dark! Blue and splash!

[​IMG]

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    yay!! they are pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by