Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Terridab

Terridab Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Lakeville, PA
    Hi all!!! North East,Wayne County

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    why not just leave it until it hatches? if he goes ahead and hatches, and is too rough, you can take him out real fast. besides he may just wait until friday to hatch[​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAY!!! Hi Terridab!! Berks here!! [​IMG]

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you both. Last hatch I knew one had pipped internally, and kept waiting for the external pip. It never made it out, and I felt horrible that I knew and never even tried. They do eventually suffocate in there don't they, if they don't make the external pip? I just worried because I saw the pics of the saddle air cells and how far away those chicks actually are from the shell. It seemed nearly impossible that they would be able to reach the other side to pip or zip. I'll wait a bit, maybe I'll get lucky and it's one of the normal eggs, and all will go smoothly. Gonna say a prayer![​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] If I would have checked when they were internally pipped I could have saved two of harmoys serama, the shells were terrible thick. Had I known sooner I could have saved more than these 7!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Let us know whats in the coop EVERYONE!

I think most of us have them in our siggy or profiles!

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    You have? [​IMG] yeah, I was at our fair last year. Wasn't doing much on breeding last year but I was breeding Ameraucanas pretty steadily in past years. As far as I know, they discontinued the Java project due to lack of sufficient quality breeders. So we switched over to Buckeyes, which is what I'm working on right now. (along with turkeys, shamos, list goes on and on...) I'll be there again this year, I'll probably be bringing extra project tidbits along with me to sell too [​IMG]

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    You are welcome to use it!

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    BREATHE!!!!!

Everything will be ok!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by