Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: your temp may have run high or it was already incubating when set? Mine always hatch day 20.
I would give it till later this eve, if you can candle quick, mist the lid or side to keep up humidity.... and listen intently first to get a general area in the bator and watch for pips everywhere!

Okay, Now I need help! It is not in my head, it's chirping! That means it's been pipped internally since at least 2ish this afternoon. How detrimental would it be to candle on day 19 to try and find it? I have 18 eggs in there. Can it even be fully developed at day 19?
why not just leave it until it hatches? if he goes ahead and hatches, and is too rough, you can take him out real fast. besides he may just wait until friday to hatch
idunno.gif

Thank you both. Last hatch I knew one had pipped internally, and kept waiting for the external pip. It never made it out, and I felt horrible that I knew and never even tried. They do eventually suffocate in there don't they, if they don't make the external pip? I just worried because I saw the pics of the saddle air cells and how far away those chicks actually are from the shell. It seemed nearly impossible that they would be able to reach the other side to pip or zip. I'll wait a bit, maybe I'll get lucky and it's one of the normal eggs, and all will go smoothly. Gonna say a prayer!
fl.gif

Thank you both. Last hatch I knew one had pipped internally, and kept waiting for the external pip. It never made it out, and I felt horrible that I knew and never even tried. They do eventually suffocate in there don't they, if they don't make the external pip? I just worried because I saw the pics of the saddle air cells and how far away those chicks actually are from the shell. It seemed nearly impossible that they would be able to reach the other side to pip or zip. I'll wait a bit, maybe I'll get lucky and it's one of the normal eggs, and all will go smoothly. Gonna say a prayer!
fl.gif
thumbsup.gif
If I would have checked when they were internally pipped I could have saved two of harmoys serama, the shells were terrible thick. Had I known sooner I could have saved more than these 7!

Oh, wait, hey! I know you! I've seen you, at least. At Montgomery 4H! I was there in the fall, they talked about a Java project, I guess you're doing it? Good luck!
You have?
lol.png
yeah, I was at our fair last year. Wasn't doing much on breeding last year but I was breeding Ameraucanas pretty steadily in past years. As far as I know, they discontinued the Java project due to lack of sufficient quality breeders. So we switched over to Buckeyes, which is what I'm working on right now. (along with turkeys, shamos, list goes on and on...) I'll be there again this year, I'll probably be bringing extra project tidbits along with me to sell too
smile.png

Thermostat or thermometer? It's gotta be better than buying an LG! I have the termo/hygro combo (plus two other thermometers to use in the cabinet :oops: ) So I'd be good on that part. I wouldn't be hatching in it, and would only hopefully have it for 3 days at most.

You are welcome to use it!

I locked down last night, and heard peeping this afternoon. Friday is hatch day! Not good. Is it even possible? I haven't heard it since, and now I'm thinking maybe I'm crazy, but I know I heard it. The incubator is in my bedroom, so it's really quiet in there. I have 4 eggs with Large saddle air cells, and I'm hoping it's not one of them, because they'll probably shrink wrap before I can figure out who it is sometime on Friday. Ugh!
barnie.gif
Then I'm scared it will hatch and I'll have a lonely chick crashing into all of the eggs this early. Guess only time will tell.
th.gif
Hatching is stressful!

BREATHE!!!!!

Everything will be ok!

Back
Top Bottom