Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. stonemeadowgirl

stonemeadowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Central...Southern Lebanon County!

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Peace Valley has some really nice sweet and fruity wines. Their Niagra and Fredonia taste just like Welch's grape juice.

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome form Centre County!

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Welcome!

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG] from York County!!

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Shame on me... I dislike wine.....rather reach for a whiskey bottle.......Yukon Jack to be exact....

7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm a beer gal. Budweiser, to be exact. Don't drink much of anything else. Went out Friday night and got drunk off of three beers, lol. I'm a cheap date, lol.

Woke up to a freezing house. We somehow burned 200g of oil in a month... that's over $700!!! The kids were sent to my parents' house, the brooder birds are okay so far and bator is holding steady. The kitters slept with me all night, keeping my feet warm. Slept on the couch because a certain someone had me MAD.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Yep beer to....at my house you will be offered keystone light..(hey, price is the deciding factor, and I go as cheap as possible )

to all newbies and everyone else, You need chickens and I need to downsize, perfect situation, let me know if you would like to browse. to many breeds to be specific..from 5 weeks to 2 year's of age all available.

Chad still waiting to hear if you want these quail, I would like them to go in the next 2 weeks.

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, set a few eggs this morning. Almost all detached air cells from shipping. See what happens, they came from Florida, so I'm sure it was a rough trip.

Make my own beer, and some wine, so you never know what I might offer. Some good, some not so good. The not so good can always become vinegar!

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    You too? I just got oil on Friday. The tank had just been filled about 3 weeks before that (it was emp-ty!). Part of it turned out to be that there is something going on with outside vents not being shut? I just know that I had cold air rushing in on my feet here at the computer whenever the wind blew. The vents were shut, but all of the heating vents are pushing out cold air periodically. I have been meaning to ask if anyone can help me out. City girl here. I think heating with anything but electric is outdated. But ... Oil is what I have. So, does anyone know anything about older houses, and how the whole heating/shutting vents thing works?
    I can tell you that the coal chute was removed 2 years ago. The basement has a section where ... I think it is called the root cellar?
    So anyone know anything to keep the cold air from blowing through the heating vents?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by