Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Congrats!!! Sooooo cute! [​IMG]

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Congrats!! They are precious!

4. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    This cabinet incubator search is disheartening. I am already 3 weeks behind on hatching and now I can't find an incubator! I am sick of my Hovabator! I need something more stable in my house since the woodstove is totally unstable. You know, 60 degrees one morning, 80 the next and then a 40 degree morning. Stupid crappy wood and stupid POS stove!
    Stop posting chick piccies! Its making it worse!

... Seriously, congrats on the hatches! Nothing like new peepers to put a smile on your face!

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    [​IMG]

Here are the salt dough leaves that I painted this morning. It actually doesn't take long to make/paint them...the longest time is the drying of them

6. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I had an old mini freezer with a bad compressor I converted with light buttons and a water heater thermostat. I keep it in my 60 degree basement. Just use turned from Styrofoam incubators. Window is two pieces of old plexiglass. Fan is from radio shack.i have a couple gallons of water in old soda bottles in to help stabilize temp. Seems to gold very well.

I know what you mean about unstable house temp with wood heat!

7. mrforkie

mrforkie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    i tried to last night with a couple but i couldnt see through the shell all i could see was the air sac, i made a slightly better candler and i could kinda see in the egg, not really well though, a couple of the eggs were making a very faint clicking sound ( i take it thats a good thing) still havent heard a peep yet or seen them move, i know they can do that "days before they hatch" and i havent seen it happen at all yet

8. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Nice job!

9. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Very nice. What do you do with them?

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps