Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Tempting. I'd like to experiment with whole local grains. Let me check first to see if one of my neighbors don't have some to sell.

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, after a little research, and seeing one too many baby duck pics, (not to mention the fact that DH said ....."Whatever"), I have been pushed into getting ducks. Alright, maybe I wasn't so much pushed as leaping! I want Call Ducks. I'm not interested in hatching them, I've got enough of that going on. I have a message in to a local breeder on here, but want to put the feelers out there in case any of you know anyone reasonably close. Now I get to start planning a habitat, YAY!!!

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Where at? I can't find anything but oats locally, and I don't want oats, LOL. If it's not too far, I might be interested.

4. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Oh, today was awesome. Got to meet Mama! We were packing birds to take to auction when she brings out a bird I've been looking for for awhile! So, not only did we make a little bit of money, but she gave me this little bubbers!!! Is he not PRECIOUS?! Lol. I was told that I wasn't supposed to buy anything, but hey, I didn't BUY him, right?

[​IMG]

I also picked up a "drake" that turned out to be a hennie. :/ I got $10, after the auction fees, for four boys (serama cockerel, LH/brahma cockerel and two EE cocks), and spent $5 on that pekin hennie. :/ Ah well, I had fun, watched 23 guinea pigs go for $0.25/each! There were NO cages at the auction though. I was looking for someone else and they didn't have a single one! Usually they have several there.

The store panned out better though. I brought home almost $40 from there. I'll have to take more salt soaps in though, since those are all out and I didn't take any others in. Now, I have to figure out what we're doing for Valentine's dinner tomorrow. I'm thinking steak, sauteed mushrooms and not sure what else, LOL. Maybe broccoli and garlic mashed taters.

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Sounds yummy! I'll have to look in the freezer to see what we have....no grocery money for me this week.

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am so glad you like him!!

And thank you again so much for taking all of my excess boys!

7. Gardeningmama

Awww sounds like so much fun!
    As for dinner, thanks for the invite, I'll be over around 6. [​IMG]

8. Gardeningmama

Please, someone take my boys!![​IMG] 3 are really sweet Seramas, I can't believe I can't even give THEM away!

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

10. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Good luck with the seramas. Highest bidder was $0.50 on mine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by