Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    George's reaction to the silkie cock was awesome. He picked him up, petted him, then let him run around on the kitchen floor. He picked him up a couple more times, then murmered "stupid chicken". Now, there are only three other birds who get denoted with the loving term of "stupid ___", his leghorn rooster, Cornflake, his little black serama cockerel and Hoover, our dominant tom turkey. Why he choses this term, I will never know, but it's a GOOD thing, LOL! I just love this little guy! He's so fluffy and friendly! When Kiska (our kitters) came to investigate, he came RUNNING to me (I was sitting on the floor) and jumped up on my lap! He's still running around the house (yeah, I'm a sucker for cleaning up chicken shhh... err, stuff), and he keeps talking to me and doing the flirty talk that the roosters do to hens, LOL. Thank you, April!!! I'm already madly in love with this guy! Now, he needs a name!

2. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

OK,,, thought gardeningmama was located more my direction, closer to the " dragon"

Howdy Sally,,,,,,,, and everyone else..... hope everyone is doing well !

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Sebastian. For some reason, it just fits. :D

4. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Incubator setup room. Would it be better to set them up in a finished basement that is like 68 or an upstairs office that is more like 68-71?

I was going for the basement because I have more table space, no windows, lower humidity and less people intrusion.

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Lol! Sebastian he is then!

YAY!! So glad you all like him!

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Cool. You're going to incubate? I keep mine right in the kitchen, love to keep an eye on them.

Roosters and Hens, ALL laying? that's interesting.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Talented roos!

8. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Hmmm, my roosters are slackers. They haven't laid me any eggs.

Is anyone else having problems with asthma this week. My boys have been out of school due to their asthma. Went to pick up asthma prescription yesterday and they were all sold out. Pharmacist said that was odd, they always have flovent. Today is day 3 my older son still can't breathe well. Going to take him back to the doctors :(

9. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    It's something in our water up here. Even the boys lay... Or is messes with people's mentality. I'll go with the later of the two.

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by