Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    The funny thing about the Boy Scout merit badge is they want you to hatch 20. I told my wife we should just put in 9 from the supermarket!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  3. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Thanks, but the search is over. Hubby told me to order myself a new Sportsman 1502 for Valentines, so I did this morning. I told him I was looking for true bantam chocolate Orps, too. He didn't complain, thankfully. That's why two of the larger guys need to go. I am also going to try getting a trio or quad of black bantam Cochins before his generosity runs out! To help him stay generous I am cutting out projects I really am not thrilled with (either because not able to get birds or other people breeding are hindering the overall goal of the project).

Cages, an incubator, chocolate Orps and Cochins all in one week. He's spoiling me! Dunkin Donuts may work for some, I prefer tools, lumber, chickens and chicken related items. ;)

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    What an awesome idea... I may have to steal it!!

We just started 4H poultry club, so my son is trying to pick his 2 breeds for the fair. I am trying to push him in the direction or bantam orps and LF ameraucana.

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Reyvaugh, what beautiful chocolates! And a Sportsman! I am Soooo jealous!

I've been searching for a cabinet incubator myself. Am driving to VA Beach shortly an have searched the craigs lists through Delaware, Eastern Shore and Norfolk....Nada! Arrrrgh.

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    George was looking at the fridge bator on the local craigslist. I said I was hoping to make one myself... Didn't get any complaints! Lol

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a friend who might have a small cabinet incubator he used when he raised quail. He's looking for it today. If her finds it and wants to sell, anyone interested? I don't know brand model or size at the moment, or if her even still has it.

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Maybe....depends on size/cost/functionality.

9. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I searched from the middle of NY through southern Virginia; from the very East coast of the US to the Ohio/PA border. There is a Redwood in southern New Jersey for $350. I was tempted. but I didn't want to make that trip. I can't stand it when I go to Atlantic City. Three hours is near the max I can sit in a car for. Plus there are no pictures. In the end, the lack of prospects is why Dewey said I could buy a new one.

ETA: Once this hatch is out (in 2wks), I will be selling my Hovabator 1602 (if I remember right) with an egg turner. ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  10. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    So, I mentioned selling the poults to G. I don't think he's happy about selling them. I told him about the 11 midget whites, six others from our girls and some royal palms on the way, and he said, well, those are just eggs right now, so bank on eggs or go with poults you already have...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by