Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    [​IMG]Sean worked 12+ hours today too. HATED it!

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Granddaughter had Daisies today so I took her. Well...since the Newtown thing in CT, the school has now changed the way they dismiss the students. It used to be that they announced the Daisy meeting and the kids whose parents were picking them up, THEN the buses. But now it's the reverse...which made us get out of the meeting 15 minutes later than normal. So I didn't walk in the house until 5:20...which sucked as we had an appointment at 5:30 on the other side of town...and Fiancee had texted me that we would go out for dinner before the appointment...so now of course we needed to eat AFTER our appointment. Pulled into Chili's and it was mobbed...so went down to Applebee's yup, mobbed too. Tried one more restaurant and then went to Little Ceasar's. Grabbed a pizza, wings, and breadsticks and brought them home! LMAO.. I'm perfectly happy with what we wound up with. And I have beef heart out for tomorrow!

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    He asked me why I was crabby. Men. I know men don't get it, but I made it pretty clear that I'd prefer him to come home today. Maybe I should have been meaner about it, lol. Instead of, it's up to you, but I'd prefer if you came home... Maybe I should've said, Umm, no, come home, it's valentine's day!!! Sheesh.

On the bright side, he's washing dishes, lol. The meal was fairly good, especially for taking half an hour or less, LOL! Steaks, garlic mashed tatters (just had to nuke, stir and serve), sauteed mushrooms and cheesy broccoli.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  4. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

In defense of men, I'll try to make this simple:

[​IMG]

All in fun! Hope you had a good Valentine's day.(I miss my dad, its been 26 years, but today would have been his birthday)

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    DH is on the road. We "did" Valentine's Day when he was home Tuesday and Wednesday. I thought ahead (duh! I am a woman!) and he got stuff last minute, and crappy stuff at that. It was a big mess. We ended up fighting for 2 days. I usually make Lasagna for Valentine's Day. It was actually accidental this year. I guess I did it subconsciously after ... I think I started doing it 12 years ago.
    I about died when he waited until 7 tonight to text, "Happy Valentine's Day" Oh well. Next time I get married I will find a nice woman that gets the holidays right. [​IMG]
    Did ANYONE have a good day?

6. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    I was having a good day till I went out after dinner to check for eggs and my Teenager Rooster decided to challenge my authority by attacking me from behind...2x he jumped up and kicked me when my back was turned.....[​IMG].......I'll Chicken pot pie him if he does it tomorrow! [​IMG]

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I had Wendy's drive through, blech. I miss my man. Can't wait to get home. On the up-side, they still have grass here, got so used to seeing mud, I forgot what it looked like.

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Be direct....ALWAYS. They don't get it, probably never will. I used to wait for DH to read between the lines, yeah right. Here's how I would have responded to your DH if I had been you, "Did you REALLY just ask me that?" "Yeah, go workout, I've been sitting here thinking that you needed a BREAK and I needed a little more QUALITY time with the kids!" "Seriously?" See? Eventually they will read between the lines when forced to!
    BTW copied your dinner, steak, mushrooms, broccoli, & extra treat, crabcakes! Thanks for the idea!

9. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I must admit, this was really cute, and probably all too true, LOL! Except for the Let Us Look part, NOT FUNNY! My wonderful DH doesn't even know other women exist!

P.S. Here's a hug, [​IMG] Dads are wonderful! I haven't lost mine yet, and can't even think about it! Happy Birthday Chiques Chicks Dad![​IMG]

10. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by