Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    G is a smart man....

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Yeah, but sometimes he can be a pain! We still haven't found an acceptable shed to move the birds into. I said we could just throw together a cheap, small coop and do a chain-link fence run until we get a more permanent solution... Nope, he wants me to fence off my side of the garage and let them in there! While that sounds like a cheaper option, it's kind of not... We'd need to buy the same supplies to section off a side of the garage, plus the bedding would be more, since we'd have to keep it extra clean, since it'll be in the garage with his beloved car and bike. Ugh. Moving birds is a pain in the tuckus! Heck, we haven't even started on how we're going to TRANSPORT the birds!!! I know how I'm going to transport, but haven't started building it yet. :/

3. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Doing a happy dance!!

[​IMG]

All 5 of my bantam orps are laying now!

YEE HAW!!!

4. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    They probably saw you loading up the others and thought they'd better start before you send them off too! LOL! Congrats. :D

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    [​IMG]

glad they got with the program!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

[​IMG]

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Crap. Pulled a turkey egg out that quit on me, plus another one from a later set. So, I'm down to 2 turkey eggs due on the 19th, and three for the next date (have to try to research when I put them in, LOL. Thank goodness I post everything on here. I also candled my midget white eggs and saw only one with a little red dot, which I was thinking was a start and quitter, only to realize that they're only four days old, lol. So, hopefully the rest are just poking around on developing. I have 11 midget white eggs in there now (just set the six that arrived today), so hopefully I'll get at least a breeding trio for next year! The royal palm and mixies should be here on Saturday. Hopefully they don't get lost somewhere for the weekend. I'm not sure how many were sent, but she mentioned sending some other turkey eggs as a fertility tester. :D I am officially a turkey addict.

ETA: I never updated on the turkeys that hatched from my own eggs. The last one needed help, then I had to give him a bath because he was shrink wrapped. SHE (why do I always say he?!) is fine, but I lost my biggest, most robust turkey poult the first day. I was being a complete moron and forgot all about the pine chips not being good for the first few days and had them on pine chips, which she swallowed and choked on. :( As soon as I opened her mouth and saw that, I grabbed the rest, dumped the brooder and put the paper towels down. Poor baby, and all because I was being an idiot.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, that sucks! Don't feel too bad, we all have our "Idiot " moments. I used to have a Sugar Glider and it got a cold. I wanted to put a nice heat source in for the bottom of the cage, so got a heat rock and slipped a sock over it to prevent direct contact and burns. Next morning I couldn't find Fern and then noticed a lump in the sock. She was dead inside all the way at the bottom on the rock. Had died trying to get back out but her claws were stuck in the fabric. She was a pouched marsupial, never occurred to me that she might see that sock as home sweet home. Talk about an idiot moment, I have worked in 7 different pet stores, and really should have known better![​IMG]

9. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Ugh! Doesn't that kind of stuff just make you sick? Don't feel bad though, mostly that was because the claws were stuck. Kind of hard to foresee the claws getting stuck!

On a more ranty note, G insisted on going to the gym after work. He goes every single day. He asked if it was okay. I said I'd rather he came home, since it was V-day afterall (any excuse to have a day with him). Why bother asking if you don't care what my response is? Anyways, he JUST got home (after saying it'd be an early day), and what's he do? Starts saying, "you could've put all the steak in one pan, and the mushrooms could've been done in the microwave." REALLY?! Maybe if you came home three hours ago, you could've had some input. Second,he complains when I make his meat with worchestershire... the boys and I like it in worchestershire, so I always make meat meals seperate. Sheesh. Should've just gotten him a card and been done with it, like he did. Now, not trying to sound greedy, I love the card, and that's plenty of money spent, but for crying out loud, he could've spent some time at home with me!

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by