Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    What's better on Valentines than chocolates?!

I am selling 2 chocolate Orpington roosters! These guys are not true bantams, but were sold as bantams. They range in the 7lb area, so not LF either. They are in with my 75% English LF Orpington girls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$50 each...? I think. There is nothing to go off of as far as pricing and I paid $100 each last year.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you will find yourself forever checking these eggs, so despite the "perfect" location its best to find a median and set it in an easily accessible perfect spot LOL

3. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Wish I lived close enough to drive there to get them. I love Chocolates!

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup! Mine's in my bedroom next to my bed. I am constantly checking it because of temp. fluctuations in the house. I miss the light and clicking sound at night, sigh....Can't wait to start it back up for the Easter Hatch![​IMG]
    Blarney, aren't you doing the Easter Hatch-A-Long?

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

They are gorgeous!!!

6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Nice!! Sounds awesome.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  7. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Seems like you and Sally think alike - reminds me of that whole "great minds" quip.

My daughter and I started 2 incubators this morning. Both are Brinsea (or Brincea or however you spell it!). One is a little 7 fan auto turn doodad and the other is a 20 octogon shaped thing. We have 6 in one and 5 in the other. Although, I have someone dropping off another 8 to put in the 20 unit because they seem lonely in such a big space - but I am not keeping them, no not even for a single day! (Please remind me of that in 3 weeks).

I have 7 Welsummer Eggs and 4 Blue Copper Marans.

My daughter is basing her 4th grade school project on it. My son is using it as part of a Merit Badge in Animal Science for Boy Scouts.

8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Reyvaughn,

sometime within the past few weeks, someone posted an incubator for sale in this thread. I didn't recognize the brand name, but that might be good cause it means it's not a styrofoam type.

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    very handsome too!

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by