Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

I hauled it here upright, but after a 2.5 hour drive, there was a LINE where my car covered where the bug guts started!!!

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm debating on taking stuff over now, but I'd sure like to have my shelves that G is supposed to get, so I can organize some stuff! As soon as I mentioned packing and moving stuff, he left for the gym! Men! Can't live with them and probably couldn't come up with a good enough excuse to strangle them without going to jail!

3. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Sally I need to find DD's email on feed prices. She was getting hers at Albrights and then found better/cheaper mills. BBIAB

4. they'reHISchickens

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    from DD- who has quite a menagerie to feed.

"[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]So I just went to Good's Feed Mill out in East Earl. Went the wrong way and ended up taking a hella long detour but I did get there eventually and my trip back was much quicker. They sell 16% dairy for 18.75/100lb which is about $7/100 cheaper then Albrights even. And its not even worth comparing Mt View . I bought a 200lb protein tub for the beef cows also. That was less then half the price of Albrights even though Albrights was 18% and Goods is 16%, I'll still go with saving $75 and sacrificing 2% of the protein. And I got 50lb of layer mash for 11.00. I think its 16% but I'm not 100% on that one. I know its not less then 16%. ....He told me about Goods and another place, but the other place was further and cost slightly more when I called and priced everyone out. Also, Good's has 50lb bag black sunflower for $20, just to let you know. I don't know when I'll be heading there again, I need to see how these girls like the feed. It does take them quite a bit longer to eat since it's a mash not coarse.[/FONT]"

We like K&K for grains but I need to find this Good's place. Am told it is near Shady Maple. Good reason to stop by Shady Maple.

5. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
  6. they'reHISchickens

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    [​IMG]We are still working on getting this incubator fully operational to sell it. DH oiled the motor and has had it running all day and temp is holding at 99. I opened the door to experimentally slide the egg rollers and the temp didn't budge. Also opened the air holes and the temp didn't move...although the light was on more.
    Still need to find a water tray. Other post suggested these things need an aluminum baffle inside the top. I know where I can get that custom. Also using a cookie sheet water tray was suggested to replace the missing water tray. Need to find the appropriate size.
    I am so very tempted to try a hatch in this instead of my styrofoam LG, but the sheer size of this 1200 egg monster is intimidating. It is much too large for our house and we don't have a temp controlled shed or garage for it. On the other hand, I have had lousy luck hatching our marans no matter which method I use: LG or broodies. Maybe I should give this a shot too?
    I have not refinished the wood, just washed it thoroughly. Lower door latch is missing but that doesn't seem to matter. Upper latch works well.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Ancona Ducklings 6 weeks old!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

In 50 years, I've never moved a fridge or freezer not standing upright unless going to junk pile. Same with washers, dryers, water softeners, engines, compressors....

9. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    anyone near Jim Thorpe Pa?

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Our VERY FIRST peeps! THATS RIGHT our first babies from OUR FLOCK!
    Meet "Blueberry" Cochin & "Baby" Silkie drying in the hatcher!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And 4 Silkies Harmony Hatched! Anyone guess what color they are? I havent a clue!
    But they are THE most ROUDY chicks we have EVER hatched! and FAST!
    [​IMG]

And Harmonys eggs in the bator! and a few of our cochin and silkies

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by