Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i also super, super hate spiders, in my house, they're dead, outside i leave them alone if they leave me alone, but a couple of months ago, one bit me on my little finger, i still have a little mark so i hunt them now in the house and smush their little heads[​IMG]

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I got the stink bugs too. Yes I am going to LV Livestock auction. I am just going to look :) I have Bantam Cochins in my bator. 24 eggs, I ordered from a fellow BYCer. I got them for my daughter to use for her 4-H project. Keep the best roo!!! the rest can goooooooooooooooo! I finally hatched out some b/b/s Marans! I tried ordering eggs from 3 people! The second set I even picked up. Out of all the eggs I have bought I got 4 chicks out of 40 eggs. Hatching Ameraucanas like crazy!!!! I can't wait until they grow up, so I can cull!!!

3. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Yes I have been there. That is where I sell my roosters, if I can't craigslist them. Just try it out. Even if you don't buy anything they have a reasonably priced food stand. It has french fries that taste like the farm shows!!!!

4. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I use tissues or tape. So its either toilet or trashcan. I agree, do NOT squash!!!!

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Dang!!!! Ah well...I'm hoping something pans out. If nothing else, I've got a short amount of time I can keep them. Plus, I'll take them to the Lucasville, OH show and see if I can sell any.

Also, does ANYONE do poultry testing as of right now? I need to have some PT/AI testing done for my birds so I can show them at the end of May?

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    So far, the stinkbugs don't seem as bad this year. Last year, they kept crawling out of the cracks in the window frames. Squick!

Heatherscooby,

I got some b/b/s Marans too. Out of the first dozen, I got 5. The second dozen has another 2 weeks to go. That stinks (like a stinkbug, lol) that you didn't have better results.

7. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    I seen a few stinkbugs here. I don't even like the way they look. Now is the time the big black ants like to invade our house. I hope they will not get into my coop. This is the first time I have had a coop and chickens.

8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    there might be a swap coming up in delmont, will see if i can find out for you today

9. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I wonder if they are hard to hatch. I must check into this.

10. southdakota

southdakota Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2010
    Re: stinkbugs
    Put some dish detergent in a spray bottle full of water, spray the stink bug and they die almost immediately.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by