Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I have a decent sized yard that I could host a swap in. 4.5 acres. No birds though, and only if everyone was willing to disinfect shoes! You'd have to disinfect upon arrival and after leaving, and would have to guard your food, as the birds here are not above stealing it out of your hands, off your plate and evenout of your mouth.

2. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I have been trying to get a swap at TSC in State College. Birds permitted there. We could always bring food there and have an auction? Plus you might get outside sales from TSC customers. State College is literally 20 miles from dead center in the state.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    State college area would work for me as long as it was a weekend, i could always just stay at the cabin, it's only about half hour away...
    as far as getting hubby to go along,,, that would only happen if there's food..

5. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    Just need to make sure animals/poultry would be allowed? And booze! LOL. We could do a sign up list it would also make it easier so we would know what food would be brought and people could also list poulty, eggs, and etc. being brought. If needed I could make up a spreadsheet to list all that stuff to keep track.

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I think you'll find it hard to find a place that accepts poultry and booze. Someone's home would work, but would be a biohazard. That's one I'm not willing to deal with. Booze, fine, putting my flock at risk? Just can't do it.

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Should we work on you, too? Didn't you say you were moving to the farm, where you will need a chicken dog? [​IMG]

8. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I think the swap part may have to be kept to eggs, live poultry would be to dangerous.........

9. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

10. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I don't breed, so can only give you contact info for Tish (Blacksheep Farm)... but if Beaglady is breeding you would get excellent stock!

another pic of Rowdy (would be grandpapa to Beaglady's pups I believe?)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by