Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I have what I call a lone ranger. I need to find my poor single chick a friend. I guess I will be going to tractor supply today.

2. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    I wish I lived closer, you guys have way too much fun [​IMG] NJ is boring this time of year

3. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    OMG! That last one is sooo freaking cute!!!! Come at me BRO!!!! baahahahahaha

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YES!!! Berks rocks!!

6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Oh how I wish you were closer. I have a 2 day old that needs a buddy but i cant buy 6 chicks. I dont need that many darn it. I wish tsc would let established chicken keepers buy in smaller numbers!!! Grrrrrr.

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

And here I sit in the middle with 5 mutts that I could share to give others chicks company. (yeah, a few days old)

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    UPDATE already!!

It still amazes me eveytime I see them hatch!! AND it shows how fast they can zip too! we noticed her 1st serama pip yesterday just after lunch and its taken this long, sometimes its even longer with Large Fowl! NOTE to BAYM... serama ALWAYS hatch early! dont panic lol

here are some pics before the vid uploads! this is her right before hatch......

[​IMG]

"I DID IT! Now sleep!"
    [​IMG]

this was the first guy who piped yesterday, but not the first to show its feathers!
    this girl was and still not out!

[​IMG]

Most awesome video, it shows how fast some of them can zip once they start.

NOTES: Zipping is the last stage in hatching! DO NOT get it confused with the external pip! It happens well AFTER the first pip and resting period..... in the case of these eggs, that phase took almost a full day and these are TINY eggs..... so LF can take alot longer!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Friday, the road crew trimmed a big branch off a tree on my property. I asked them to leave the wood, and they stacked it about 30ft from my barn.
    Sunday afternoon someone decided my wood looked nice so they stopped and started loading it in their SUV. When my friend walked out in the yard, they saw her, quickly got in the vehicle and took off.
    I can understand gathering wood along the road, but obviously they knew they were stealing it.
    Some people. Oh well most of what they took was the hollow, rotten stuff. I got the big heavy pieces. Hope they enjoy it!

10. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

LadyHawk:

I know Pickering Valley feed has chicks(lots of types) and I don't think they have a minimum. Alternately, I have x6 that are just short of two weeks. If you feel your peep could hang with my group, I'd take care of her til she got big enough to join your coop....I think you mentioned being in my neck of the woods often....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by