Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    forgot to mention, does anyone near me want a start in mealworms, mine have exploded, there's way to many since i only feed them occasionally as a treat.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    hey, question, I have mostly beetles and pupa right now, is this normal I havent a clue where all the mealys went unless I am at a stage to start the boom too????? I forget when we got them around middle of jan perhaps??? she said she sent all stages though? are the beetles eating the mealys? IDK

5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    No kidding. I think I have 4 girl welsummers (1 might be a boy). I will take better pictures later. But yes I am feeling pretty lucky.

After a night of splinting with a cardboard "shoe" that I cut out with an exacto-knife and used small strips of vet tape, here is the little girl's feet:

[​IMG]

The middle toe on her right foot (left in the picture) was completely curled up in a ball and the left toe on the right foot was also curled up. Her middle toe on her left foot (right in the picture) was angled 45 degrees towards her right foot so I splinted that toe as well. All in all she looks much better this morning. Her right toe on the right foot (left in the picture) needs to be taped so it straightens out and she stops listing to starboard! I am going to tape them again tonight and put her in isolation again. She is walking better but definitely still stumbling and tripping over her feet. It took me quite awhile to get it wrapped up last night and she was a total trooper through it all.

Oh and she had better be a girl! (And just totally ignore that fat thumb in the picture!) Blarney, I will PM you close-ups of the Wellys so you can see them better, but I think I have 3 girls and 1 boy (only 4 of my 7 hatched).

But for now, let's play a game of "Can you identify these chicks?"

Contestant #1 (3 Photos to show patterns)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contestant #2
    [​IMG]

Contestant #3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  7. GramCE

GramCE New Egg

Feb 13, 2013
    Falls, PA
    Good Morning from the northeast corner of the state (Wyoming County)! I am in desperate need of an enabler...I walked out of TSC with no chicks following me home. I must be doing something wrong!

8. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I dare say you have come to the right place! Would you like to be hatched enabled or already grown enabled? There are 2 beautiful silkies desperately seeking a home - channeling Ms. April!

9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    welcome, that will soon chance[​IMG]

10. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    1. You just threw yourself to the wolves [​IMG] you might want to hide [​IMG] oh, wait,, that doesn't work, they will find you.....you will never again walk out of tsc without a chick box in hand..[​IMG] go ahead,, hurry,,, run back to tsc, they are still open
    I have no chicks right now, go ahead everyone.....pic overload coming...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by