Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Fairchance pa
North Berks
frow.gif

Yes Chad, please go check on Sally, we are worried...
I shoulda sent ya a note : (
Quote: Wal Mart!! now I would worry if I was there! he he he
Oh Sally !!!!!

tag
Quote: A weewy weeyly sowwy

LOL oh Thank goodness!! No I had some minor surgery friday morning in and out, just pain meds is all. I am much better but feeling a bit run down tonight so I took another one.
Sorry to hear about needing any surgery... but glad it was a 'minor' and you are home recouping! (is there really such a thing as 'minor' surgery though??? )
I would have kept crib notes for you if I'd known you were going to be out a day or two though! LOL I missed one day and thought I was lucky only having 9 pages to catch up on!
barnie.gif

My med of choice tonight is Hot Cinnamon Matte Tea with a healthy dose of Apple Pie Moonshine.... AWESOME mix!!!! though probably not good to mix with your meds though! LOL
I have chicks hatched and more hatching next week, come on over!!
You just have to announce that... my better sense keeps getting weaker and weaker every time I see those LF Black and Blue Cochin babies.... between you and Mama I am having a heck of a time resisting more chicken math here. Even Radioman doesn't help, cause he liked them too! And then they are broody... geesh.... I feel a trip East in my near future....
th.gif

Last edited:
Sorry. I just spent 2 hours trying to splint a welsummer chick's toes, it has curled toes and cannot walk. I failed, miserably. I am back at work and it dawned on me that this coffee stirrer in my hand would make a decent splint so I will try that later. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I put her back in the incubator with the recent newborn chick. They are cuddling. I fear I am going to lose her. 8( My wife just sent me these pictures of 2 different chicks. Chick #1: Chick #2: Oh and the final Welsummer Chick:
To my novice eye. They look like girls. When I first saw the pictures, I thought they were 5 different chicks, thought to myself, "how lucky IS this guy?!"

Sorry. I just spent 2 hours trying to splint a welsummer chick's toes, it has curled toes and cannot walk. I failed, miserably. I am back at work and it dawned on me that this coffee stirrer in my hand would make a decent splint so I will try that later. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I put her back in the incubator with the recent newborn chick. They are cuddling. I fear I am going to lose her. 8( My wife just sent me these pictures of 2 different chicks. Chick #1: Chick #2: Oh and the final Welsummer Chick:
Cute pics! You may have already gotten an answer, but l Last year I had a chick w/crooked toes & I started out making it way more complicated than it needed to be. Finally, I took a small piece of clear scotch tape sticky side up, stuck the foot on top, arranged toes, then stuck another piece over top. I could see if toes moved out of place, and I could easily see to remove excess tape around outside. After a few days, I removed tape and allowed chick to walk around. I ended up re-taping once just to make sure they would stay in pace. There may be some huge no-no in what I did, but it worked for me. And was much easier than trying to splint each individual toe on a wiggly little chick.

It's been busy around here the last few days, but I wanted to come on here and complain about the enablers on this thread. Thanks to you guys posting chick pics and talking about TSC, I caved. I was doing so well with just ducks! I went in and they had a fresh shipment of bantams. Three were buff bantam Cochins. They came home with me. Then a friend decided he wanted three Amberlinks for eggs. Now he want turkeys. And they need to stay at my place because he lives in town. Tomorrow will be a fun filled day of coop building. Yay! Note the sarcasm.

It's bad enough I have an issue. Chicken math is contagious.
Also, in other news, hubby said yes to peacocks. Oh dear.

That is all. ;)

Fairchance pa
Welcome!
Depends on when and where....
Thinking about another Harrisburg class
That is very worrisome, most of us pop on and off of here, but you can usually count on Sally to get back to you quickly..
She has off days too
Chad, I would go again if I could get into a class that is hands on and I could get certified the same day.
Dr. Hanshaw doesn't like the all in one classes where everyone brings birds. I might could do it with some meaties who are destined for a date that week.
I wonder if I have a place to put more chickens?
lol.png
idunno.gif

Yep...see a spot next to the closest tub
Hey guys! I have a question for all the duck peeps on here. Basically, ducks are sloppy and they're inside my wife's office right now. What I do is keep them under the lamp in a nice size plastic bin. However, I thought I would let them eat and drink outside the bin while supervised to cut down in the slop inside the bin. It's cut down on the slop inside the bin but they muck up crazy when left out (on newspaper and water on plastic top away from food). What is the easiest/cleanest way to keep these suckers?????
My wife is "at wits end!" Hellllllllllpppp!!!!!
Eww...ducks are a mess regardless of inside, outside or anywhere
Don't worry Sally, you're already a CPT in my book. When I need advice, I go to folks on here, not a CPT, LOL!
love.gif

Mystery Solved! A little warning next time, please?
old.gif
Chad's gonna share his books so Sally and DH can read ahead for the next class. And just an FYI there are now a handful of CPTs already here and more coming soon after the last class.
big_smile.png

It's been busy around here the last few days, but I wanted to come on here and complain about the enablers on this thread. Thanks to you guys posting chick pics and talking about TSC, I caved. I was doing so well with just ducks! I went in and they had a fresh shipment of bantams. Three were buff bantam Cochins. They came home with me. Then a friend decided he wanted three Amberlinks for eggs. Now he want turkeys. And they need to stay at my place because he lives in town. Tomorrow will be a fun filled day of coop building. Yay! Note the sarcasm.

That is all.
wink.png
Sounds like you wanna come down and build coops here too... I knew it! And the chicken math is like a wicked multiplication table that you never in your life saw coming. Ask ray...Ray in PA....I didn't even want a roo till his enabling self gave me the poorest run down on this beautiful BCM roo, who was the low man on the pecking order between the other roos. AND I only went to his house with the intentions of adding one already seasoned hen to my mix to help the rest get the idea of what to do. Left his house that day with 3 girls and a roo.

We're in Myrtle Beach. The shells are almost as addictive as chickens. Margaritas help.
you forgot a small package.....ME......you will have to come back for it,,and bring a margarita for the trip..

That is all.
wink.png
we are all very good at the skill of enabling, hang around and you will be also.
Quote: I would come here regardless of certification,,,I trust the experience of folks on here over book smarts anyday..

Sally, we need a head's up next time you do something like that...
hide.gif
I know how pathetic this sounds but folks on here are more like family than some of my own blood..
hide.gif
if you knew my family, you would understand...

Those of you who have mentioned getting some older birds, I need to know if you are serious, I need to decide who will get tested and who won't, since they will have leg bands after that...I have put up a new folder called available, i will add pics to this as I get them.....lots of young roo's also, I am ok with knowing that they are just for grow out pens....I have older roo's also if you need a certain breed just ask, there's 2 jersey giant boys that are big teddy bears....they run from the serama roo.

Hmmm.... I may have posted this already, so if I did, please ignore.....

I am looking for a nice quality bantam Cochin pair, trio or a few pullets. I need them to be young and show worthy as they will be for my son for his 4H birds. My Cochins are just not quite there yet. Color unimportant, but he does not prefer solids.

Can trade you birds (silkies or bantam orps) or buy outright.

Back
Top Bottom