Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. regcal966

regcal966 Out Of The Brooder

We lost one of our chicks today. I was hoping it would make it but has been small and has had pasty butt. I tried everything that people suggested on BYC but it just didn't work. I have 2 more with the pasty butt, hope we don't lose those.

2. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    So sorry.[​IMG] Just keep wiping!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    do you have acv in the waterer? I am curious, they dont have white or bloody poo do they?

In the hatching 101 article in my signature, scroll to the bottom and see the homemade electrolytes recipes, I would do acv if you arent though.

4. regcal966

I just started with the acv yesterday. Their poop is for the most part brown with a little white sometimes. Is the white bad?

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful!! My favorite season to be outside, and to decorate for!![​IMG]
    I had that problem a couple of months ago. Poured poison down the tunnels, No more rat! I did keep searching the property for dead ones though, I was afraid of the chickens eating them. Also kept a watch on the tunnels, as I read that they often die in the entrances. So far so good.
    So Sorry! [​IMG]

6. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    If you ever wanted to know about chicken poo... here ya go! lol ( The white is good! FYI)

http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

7. regcal966

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Snow!? [​IMG] Don't send it down this way!!!

9. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Thanks everyone!

Here are better pics of the 2 BOs:

Little Orp:

[​IMG]

Bigger Orp: [​IMG]

And my "not an easter egger":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA

I was driving my little one home from preschool when the sky went black and the snow started coming down like CRAZY! But now it's sunny and not a flake to be seen!

Bummer. I had 5 that were pretty pasty (out of 22 in my second batch) and I bathed them and fed them egg yolk with sugar and water mashed up into it. It took a couple of days of sponge bath. I'm sorry you lost one. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by