Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    What are they? :)

2. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    The metal fountain waterers 'seem' like they'd be more durable than plastic, but they will rust out in a few years. If they're not perfectly level, they leak. For adult birds, I use 2 gallon buckets. For youngsters, I like the 2 gallon octagon plastic fountain waterers from Tractor Supply.

For feeders, it depends what size you're using. The metal hanging feeders that hold around 8# of feed have the bottoms fastened on with metal clips that will eventually get lost. Then you get to re-attach the bottom with wire. [​IMG] The larger size (metal) that holds around 25# has the base attached with adjustable 3 hooks that are adjustable so you can vary the size of the opening is better, but you need to bend the hooks so the angle is less than 90 degrees. Otherwise, they can come unhooked when you pick them up to carry them, filling your shoes with feed. BTDT. [​IMG] I've never had any terrible luck with the plastic Little Giant versions of these either. I always slip an upside down plastic nursery pot over the hanging chain to serve as a lid so no birds decide to roost on top of the feeder.

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

You guys have ALL been incredibly sweet! Made my day!

Rosie, careful about the tattooing, or I may post you on the FB PA livestock page...hmmmm or maybe the Dragon? I think you'd fit right in here, as our first goat was 'Calla Lily' I hope to stay with flower names.

Stake, we've got about 50 chickens -this number changes OFTEN. Three Nigerian dwarf goats, 2 were bred, but I'm starting to suspect that one didn't take. My Lily, she's such a hard head with everything else, don't know why I thought breeding would be any different.

5. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Wait!! You would sell me :( ill be good I promiss!!

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    You only have to count the ones that are currently laying, you know? LOL
    Depends on if you are going to add ACV to the water. If so, stay away from metal!

7. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    And a big Chester County Howdy to Lizzcoop and Loplover...

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG] My Ameraucana FINALLY started laying!! She sure held out long enough!!
    Anyone have guesses on my bantam breeds? I see that the non-feather legged is a roo. I am also guessing that the feather legged one is a Cochin pullet. Here are the pics again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]See the bantam tail?

9. stake

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    1st rule of chicken math....if they're named there not chicken, they're pets....they don't count....

10. stake

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Blarney:

I'm buying a cowboy hat....there's a delco styled goat rodeo in the making....woo hoo!, btw there's some goats for sale on CL, one was 1/2 nigerian.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by