Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I have blue cochin roos LF if anyone needs one or MORE! LOL

2. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Chicks will be $7 for what I sell this time around,,,, have another group due in 2 weeks, so want to keep my numbers down some until I see what the next batch looks like,,,, different Roos for each batch...

Love you choice,,,, has great appeal !

3. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    I'm guessing the middle one is a barred rock. What about left and right?

[​IMG]

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    The auction today was NUTS! It was a complete buyer's auction. I finally got a new drake for the hens, some MF D'Uccles, a cat carrier for the cat (she needs one in case of emergencies) and, eep, two guinea pigs. I have to admit, after about 20 years of hating them, I am now smitten by them. I realized after touching the one with the goofy hair that I've NEVER touched a guinea pig in my life, despite being around animals all of my life. I spent a whopping $11.50 on EVERYTHING combined.

It also amazes me at how it seems like NOBODY takes care of their birds' nails! April is the ONLY person I've bought birds from that didn't need severe pedicures. Big birds it doesn't seem to be as big of a problem, and I was LOOKING today. I guess because they run around and scratch the ground, and maybe the banties are cage kept... But still, if a bird is cage kept, CLIP THE TOENAILS PEOPLE! It drives me insane when I have to bring a bird home and I have no idea how far back I can cut the inch long toenails, because I have NO idea how far the quick has grown because of lack of maintenance! If I can go through 30+ birds, most weighing over 10lbs, then certainly people can handle clipping a bantam, right? I apologize, just a pet peeve of mine. I had to do a ton of pedicures today once I got home, lol, including on the piggers.

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Why thank you. I need to trim beaks on my columbian but it makes me nervous......

6. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Where are they?

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Went to TSC today, I brought DD#1, she had strict instructions, 'Do NOT under any circumstances let me leave here with anything living'. I did make an impulse purchase -of the John Deer variety. And the only thing living that I left with, I also come IN with. DGS#2

[​IMG]

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I was not so lucky with my TSC shopping experience. It was just another Feed buying trip until My dad stopped shuffling down the isle near the peeping chicks and ducklings.

Dad- "Susan"
    Me- "Huh?-Dad! We don't need new birds!"
    Dad- "But...But we haven't had Cambells in so long" *leans down and starts playing with the duckies*
    Me- *sighs*

30 minutes later...

[​IMG]

10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    You are lucky to have a dad who is an enabler! Mine was my mom and my dad would always be like what did you get now!! Ugh and my husband is like NO more so I just hatch right now hehehe didn't say I couldn't hatch just couldn't buy :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by