Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Anyone have use for this artificial turf for their nesting boxes? Mine seem to like it and I have a crapload of it at my house. It was left over from our high school football field. I'm in fawn grove
  2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    a pic from a different angle would help maybe a side view. .it does appear to be a little rooish....
    from my experience the meanies at this age are usually hens,,,,roo's tend to be the nice ones.
  3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Cuties! Congrats on the good hatch! Glad to hear about the double boxing on the eggs, will keep that in mind if we ever need
    to send eggs out to someone. Great idea for absorbing the pounding they get during transit.
    Awesome! They sure are beautiful birds!
    Cool idea! and if the girls like it then even better!
  4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

We are raising some Barred Rocks right now (is yours a BR? Kinda looks like it, or maybe a Dominique?) Our BRs are much more agressive than our Black Australorps of the same age. And the little female BR was very pushy right from the start though she has mellowed the last couple of weeks. Are the other chicks the same size/breed as the pushy one? We definitely see 'pecking order' spats already starting. Competition means winning the better food/roost... which equates to survival in their little chick heads. So I'd just watch that this bossy one doesn't put other smaller ones at actual risk for physical harm through injury or food hogging. If it seems the others are actually at risk because of this one's behavior then seperate it during feeding times completely or maybe just offer two or three feed areas instead of just one to reduce competition.
  5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Me too! Hee hee.

Chad, Big Beautiful Women? Too funny.
  6. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Wow, I have some catching up to do. Missed reading for a week and too far behind. Welcome to all the new people, Monroe county here.

Went out today and got 3 red sexlink hens. Chicken math strikes again! Would love to get a BLRW pullet. They are beautiful.
  7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Fermented feed question. What feed can I ferment? For example, I have a bag of dog food, can I ferment that? Since a lot of people are asking, can someone post instructions or a link like Fermented for Dummies?
  8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
  9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
    LOL I thought she was getting ONE!!!
  10. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania

Go Harmony!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by