Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. CrazyRays

CrazyRays Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2013
    It was wonderful, yesterday a few of the girls flew up on my hand and stayed. So did some of the boys. One in particular comes right to my hand. I have four yellow chicks turning white. Maybe they are white barred rocks or leghorns. They were extras in the delivery from Mcmurray Hatcherie. The poop smell is getting worse.Whew!

I only named one so far. Rosie is smaller and has a limp leg. I cut a shoe out of plastic and taped it on and spread her toes out. I secured her leg to the other leg. She hobbles around, but feeds and drinks from the chicken nipples with the rest of them. She seems so much smaller than her peers. I also gave her some of the electrolyte mix Sally offered. I saw her flap her wings and is trying to get some air time. Man, I do love these little chicks.
    [​IMG]

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    sand will work as grit, I use sand now only because I start to mix the dirt from the coop in with the sand about 2 weeks before they go outside, just to slowly expose them to the dirt since I do not feed medicated feed.

3. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

4. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I will certainly get back to you if chad and bruce are not interested in hatching them when they come for the original turkeys...

6. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    AND>>>> one more......Chad....
    that special orange juice of yours is the reason I vote for you to host the get together if Beag can not....I have lots of those 5 gallon thermos...you could plan it with a batch of meaties and give butchering lessons then we cook them on the grill for the entree.

8. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa

I got my babies from TSC. They are red sexinks and leghorns.

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not even going to try to catch up.

Getting rid of my lav orp rooster today, and my last two SLW. Those two we part of the batch that started this all. Time for someone else to catch the bug! They are taking 5 mixed chicks, too. Now I have room for more! Oh, thats right, incubator is full! Silly me.
    Have a great day everyone!

10. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Don't do the juice mama!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by