Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Hi everyone. can you PLEASE look at my post above and let me know. I am kinda freaking out a little here. Not sure what to do with her. Thanks!!!

it's #18667

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I plan to eat most of them. Never had quail, but I have eaten dove. I understand quail is delicious.

3. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    OH NO!!! I am not sure what to tell you. I would isolate her from the other chicks. Not sure if they sell stuff for respiratory? Do you have a Tractor Supply near you? I would call them and ask if they have something to put in all the chicks water, like a vitamin. I'm sorry to hear this. Hope someone with more experience comes on here. Lemme go look online to see if I can find something to help you!!!

4. motherhen71185

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    i have scoured the internet. I have found stuff ranging from it's just dust to it's a respiratory disease and your whole flock is doomed. She seems fine other than that. I only have one heat lamp and that is on the chicks. I can bring her inside, would she be warm enough? she has most of her feathers, just not on her head. I have a heating pad, would that work to keep her warm?

5. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    motherhen: read this!! hope it helps
    http://hencam.com/faq/respiratory-diseases/

1 person likes this.
  6. motherhen71185

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
  7. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Let me know how things go.. I wish I knew how to help you more!!

8. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Well, perhaps it is dust.......I hate to send you in the direction of doomsday. Here's another thought from something my ducklings did....do you use woodchip bedding? Mine got a little piece stuck and every time she drank, she had that problem. Maybe?

9. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    If you are going to use a heating pad, make sure she can get off it or away from it. It could burn her.

10. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Ok, that's what I wondered. My father LOVES quail. I thought about raising some for him. Will you butcher or will someone do it for you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by