Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Yeah, so maybe someone looking and dressing like THAT should make an appearance at our mini BYC convention at the York Show. I'd bring some dolla' bills!!!!!

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

x2 - just don't tell hubby that's the reason I'd really be going.
    "Yes, dear... I am going for a new c.... I mean, rooster."

:oops:

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

4. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    Flock Combination question.
    Older flock; 2 wyandotte, 6 bantams and 3 cochin roos.
    Young flock; 6 RIR, 2 leghorns, 1 serama, 2 mallard ducks, 2 pekin ducks, and 4 red bourbon turkeys. Everything is a couple months old.
    My coup is divided into 2 sections with wire mesh in between. Both sides have their own run and the younger birds have a heat lamp in case it gets cold.
    How long do I leave them separate?
    When I do combine them, do I do everyone at once or a couple at a time?
    Any other tips for combining flocks?

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Do it all at once at night. Wait until about 8 weeks. Everyone should be big enough to hold their own by then.

6. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Ok guys, I could really use some help. I am a little worried about my favorite chick fancy. She is a 5 week old speckled sussex hen. She started having some feather loss on her back but there has been no blood and i have not seen any one picking at her, she is the oldest and was always the one in charge. I have been putting a+d ointment and some wound powder on her back (it's about the size of a finger tip) to help with her feathers and make the skin darker so they don't peck at it. Today i noticed she is sneezing and has a runny nose. She is still active and eating and drinking and acting her normal self, but she keeps wiping her beak on the bedding because of her runny nose and i listened to her breathing and could hear some rattling. What do i do???? I have 23 chicks in the brooder with her. It is a big brooder, i haven't added any chicks for 2 weeks. Everyone seems healthy. Do i need to isolate her? should i add something to there water? I keep the brooder very clean and they have a heat lamp and everyone seems comfortable. Please help!! I am very worried about her and the rest of the chicks. Thanks in advanced!
    [​IMG]

7. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    "Honey I am back from the York Show and I have 2 chicks, a few scratch marks, 1 bite mark perhaps 2, and $83!"

8. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I was scared too when I saw it! Glad I am not the only one!!!

9. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Yes, please! I'll take two!!! [​IMG]

10. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Ok, now that someone brought these up, I have to ask. What do you do with these?? And Chiques- how cute is that chicky!!! Congrats!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by