Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    oh yumm! Maybe THIS will be what we give as favors at the wedding! Or maybe I'll just make it and keep it to myself!
    And hers are gorgeous....I may have to get some more...my one is sooo pretty!
    LOL....I guess the "chicken poop" smell isn't really a good addition to that!
    You're assuming the shrinkage part....
    So...since my sister is due any day now...and my BIL is redoing their ENTIRE house....wanna make the beer for my wedding???
    I let them set there till they fall asleep (8pmish) then go grab them....but then, I have little to no patience.
    We have a friend who makes awesome "jungle juice" out of the syrup in #10 cans of fruit salad and the like.
    They look happy.
    Will have to grab one.
    Mine all know that when I go in the personnel door of the garage...chances are I'll come out with corn....so they either jump into the run (where I throw it) or run into the coop.
    Spiced hard cider??? I wanna try!
    Isn't it easier to catch mullets in central PA? There seem to be plenty of them around here....
    PS, I won't be able to make it down to the York show...as Hubby signed us up for something that morning in Nolde, however, if your friend wants to come up in the afternoon to look at my boys, I'm only about 1 hour north of York.
    Lucky! I'm hoping if the house next door sells we get cool people....doubt it though :(
    Yes, eBay is NOT your friend right now!
    So will you be installing nesting boxes on the side of your house?? [

2. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Ever come this direction [​IMG] I was planning on making a trip about 2 hrs or so east if enough people wanted chicks to make the trip worthwhile.

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I don't have any trips west planned anytime soon to my knowledge, except Ohio nats, but that's quite a while away. Can't hold him for that long[​IMG] What breeds do you have? If I have any space at all by this summer/fall, and you're coming out this way, then we and other pa peeps can all meet as some show somewhere. Nats or Farmshow or something...

4. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    For hatching eggs I have Pekin ducks, Calls, Runners, Toulouse, Scovies, EE bantams, LF Layers covered by EE roo, OEGB, Cochin mix. Chicks currently in the brooder: RIR, BR, BA, BO, EE, OE, BCM, BlueCM, Rainbow Layers, ISA Brown, Black Star, Red Star, Cream Legbar, Speckled Sussex, buff brahma bantam, LF Cochin, partridge rock, wellsumer, red broilers, black broilers, white cornish X broilers & probably a few others I have forgotten.

5. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    Quote:hello from Mt. wolf.

6. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    it would be interesting. I could keep all kind of things in there!

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Yes, they can have dark legs, as long as they 'shade to yellow', whatever that means.

I was thinking BCMarans when I first saw this chick, probably because of the coloring in the hackle area. As Marans are not supposed to have any yellow in their feet or shanks and Cochins must have some yellow in their feet or shanks, I thought leg coloring could be another clue to the 'mystery chick's breed'.

8. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Love fuzzy butt pics!!

Don't know which is cuter the goats or your kids!! Great pics of your family!!

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

Blue and black copper marans pullets would be awesome for next year, and OEGB are on my wishlist :) what varieties do you raise?

10. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I'll be keeping some Marans for breeding for next year, the rest are for sale. They are about 8-9 weeks old. I have a quad of OEGB. SDW roo over SDW, Ginger & Wheaten hens. I'll be putting some of their eggs in in a few days if no one claims them. The quad is actually for sale as I am looking to get out of them & have sold off most of my stock. I had about 30 of them at 1 point in time, all quads & trios of different colors. I'll only be keeping my fiance's little Brown Red roo that hatched the beginning of January. Silly man walks around with it on his shoulder like a parrot. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by