Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    No, didn't you know you live in PA? There are 2 seasons, Summer and Winter...they are separated by 2 months of mud on each end.

This whole house is wallpapered...and what isn't wallpapered is oil painted....blech...I just love this.

2. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    I know right? :lol: They just are so chatty! And so far mine are shaded/breezy enough that they seem okay lol
    I hope to stop in before my workshop at 3 :/ Just gotta re-look-up the address and times :D I think it closes at 3 or something, So we'll see if I make it up to York saturday morning ^-^

Also, I work all day June 22nd at the greenhouse (it's our customer appreciation day so super busy); So if possible can one of the 'swap' or 'build' party days be on a sunday (the 2nd or the 16th :) )

3. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    i have 21 tetra tint pullets for sale. 2 weeks old. 1.65 each. i will deliver to the york show. i also have started cornish x 3 weeks 3.00

4. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Time for a "Sally style" post. [​IMG]

The purple eggs belong to my Amish friend up the road so I can't swap them, but I sell them for her & can ship. They have been hatching really well. She has 1-2 hens that lay eggs with a purple tint so would have to collect about a week to get 12. I usually have her only collect 24-48 hours before ship so typically you get 1-3 purples in a batch.

Yup, duckies are mine & they are outlaying the chickens right now. I have pekins & runners hatching now & eggs waiting to be shipped to whoever wants them. THESE I can trade with if you have a different breed of duck or goose to offer. [​IMG]

Yep, purple. Everyone needs purple eggs in their basket. [​IMG] I have some chicks from her flock growing out too that are for sale, but no clue who came from which color egg.

Yep, see above for purple eggs...LOL

Have to make a train of it for everyone else wanting my birds & eggs & getting the stuff from way east I want. [​IMG] And I'm only 10 miles from the PA border. [​IMG]

If the calls are yours I'd love to swap for some if I have anything you want.

Broke out the shorts yesterday & today while working on the new coop. Since BigPoppy & the kids are the only ones going to see my legs I didn't bother with the weed whacker yet. [​IMG]

Canned chicken, tuna or salmon all work well.

UGHHH! A lot of my birds have been in the basement since Christmas when I moved to the new house. We are gradually tossing them out as we get new coops done, but the basement is going to need to be HOSED when we get the last of them out. We have done what we can to keep everything shoveled out, but it all still smells like chicken poop. I'll be breaking out the gallons of bleach & the power washer. [​IMG]

Average for calls is 26 days. Lockdown on day 23 & figure hatch anywhere between 25-27 depending on how your temps run. They are very temp sensitive just like a lot of bantam chickens.

I MAKE room for my anconas. I have 15 eggs out of 17 currently in the bator due on the 23rd swimming around their eggies beautifully. I see another coop on the list to build. [​IMG]

That's Ohio too. 4 months of cold, ice & snow, 4 months of heat, thunder storms & tornadoes, 2 months on each side between of cold rain & mud.

5. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Must NOT get any more chicks!!! MUST sell the 200 extras I have 1st. Where's my straight jacket!!!!!

6. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

7. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Since it was 80 degrees here in 16841 this afternoon and we're still working on the coop (not all the ventilation is done and no run yet), I had to rig up a red neck screen door to cool down the girls for a few hours. :)

[​IMG]

8. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    Love the feeder as well :)
    You can add my zip 17036

9. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Looks like stuff we do around here. [​IMG]