Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

missy and anyone else local,,,,i raise pekin,,,they are a meat version of my operation, i have loyal customers for these ducks,,,,if you do not mind them going to meat,,,i will always take those ducklings off your hands if you get to frustrated with them, reasonable price or swap...

i have a brooder of 10 right now, so i really do understand the frustration..

will consider other breeds, but pekin seems to be the pick of my meat customers.....

mine are headed to an outside brooder in the next week or so, that makes it a little more tolerable.

missy and anyone else local,,,,i raise pekin,,,they are  a meat version of my operation, i have loyal customers for these ducks,,,,if you do not mind them going to meat,,,i will always take those ducklings off your hands if you get to frustrated with them, reasonable price or swap...

i have a brooder of 10 right now, so i really do understand the frustration..

will consider other breeds, but pekin seems to be the pick of my meat customers.....

mine  are headed to an outside brooder in the next week or so, that makes it a little more tolerable.

Wing, what age are the ones headed outside from the brooder?

The 2 that I just had were only here so I could run them to the sale for someone else, but I really appreciated their beauty while they were here. If I ever do raise ducks, I think it will be Pekin.

I have 10 free black, blue, splash Ameraucana x Blue Cochin LF for free, have to be gone by Sunday evening!!! They have pea combs, feathered legs, muffs, and beards. Pullets will lay green eggs, they also have the possibility of being good broodies. My rooster went on vacation on the wrong side of the fence! All chicks are from blue, blue/green or green/blue eggs. Cockerels will make awesome meat birds. My Cochin rooster is built like a bull. He is for sale too. Not good with kids, fine with adults. Ray I really want you to get him!!! PM is interested!!!

Well, I sold my pekins for 10 bucks both of them for 10!!! I am sad about that -.-

I came home with..........!!!

1- pair- black east indies
1- pair- mallards
1- anacona>> only because no one else wanted the poor thing!
1- pair - Cinnamon pheasants
1- pair- yellow golden pheasants >>> WHICH I THINK ARE RED GOLDENS! -.-
One of the pheasants laid an egg in the car.. lol

Ugghh...I hate the ducklings. HATE! I think from now on I'll stick to scovies. Cause these stupid pekins NEVER shut up. And they don't know what to do with a bath...but put a waterer in their brooder and it's a swamp in minutes. YUCK! DH has taken to calling them the hyenas.
hu.gif

I have 10 free black, blue, splash Ameraucana x Blue Cochin LF for free, have to be gone by Sunday evening!!! They have pea combs, feathered legs, muffs, and beards. Pullets will lay green eggs, they also have the possibility of being good broodies. My rooster went on vacation on the wrong side of the fence! All chicks are from blue, blue/green or green/blue eggs. Cockerels will make awesome meat birds. My Cochin rooster is built like a bull. He is for sale too. Not good with kids, fine with adults. Ray I really want you to get him!!! PM is interested!!!
how old? txt me I have someone looking

Gavin's largest fish from tonight. At times, the lil bugger was catching fish so fast I couldn't get my line back out before he had another on the hook. He had so much fun and was so happy. This was also his first time holding his catch on his own for a pic.
Good job!! Beautiful crappie!
highfive.gif

they are only a little over 3 weeks, the outside brooder is in the barn, there's still a light on them out there, but atleast they are out of the house.
can't ducks be raised on wire? If the bottom was lined with 1/4 inch mesh elevated slightly over a plastic liner pan the liner could be pulled out and rinsed a couple of times a day?
Maybe then just add a small 'nest area' near the lamp for them to sleep in.
Sounds like I should be glad I don't have a good home for ducks here! I'll just enjoy the super cute pics you all post of yours!
pop.gif
Then I get to enjoy the cute and miss the mess!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom