Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    OH NO~! I am so sorry!!

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

a rifle might scare it off......or down....

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Please don't laugh, my one relatives has a potato gun (or apples). It won't hurt the environment. He used to use clay ducks, to aim at them but they are messy and $$$$. It works, the thing is like a PVC cannon! It scares them away, then if they come back he just does it again.

4. shelbear81

shelbear81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2012
    Northeast, PA
    there is a saddle that you can put on chickens that looks like a giant set of eyes... it makes hawks and such believe there is a huge predator on the ground... google chicken saddles... hope that helps!! Good Luck!!

5. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Oh no Blarney, I am sooo sorry to hear this. Darn it, was this when you went out for parts for the waterer? What a shame. [​IMG]

6. shelbear81

shelbear81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2012
    Northeast, PA
    So sorry Blarney I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! [​IMG]

7. RJHoss420

RJHoss420 New Egg

Jun 14, 2012
    Central PA. Snyder county

8. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

So excited woke up this morning to a baby quail.....1 down 8 more eggs to go. and 4 chicken eggs...LOL. Better late than never.

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    BigT88: Any luck finding meets in the Northeast?

YAY Rabbitry on your quail babies!!! Good on ya!

Rehoboth: Advice I've heard for hawks is: Keep your run covered, even some fish line or light netting will deter them. Run a turkey with your chooks (I haven't tried it, but heard great things about it) Add a Guinea hen, they are great 'alarms' but can be quite loud and annoying if you have lots of neighbors, have evergreen trees that they can hide under close to where they free range. Good luck!!

We have just the cutest little chicks EVER here!! Two banty MF Cochins and 2 other cuties. I'm trying to 'tandem brood' two of my hens, until I can get another brooder together. Last night the more dominant hen stole all the chickies AND eggs from the other hen. Today they seem to be working well together. I really should get building....

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Two days, sixteen hours until my new babies should be here. I will be waiting at the post office at 7, when the employees get there. i still can't believe the woman said she wasn't going to "call and wake [me] up." She thought it would be okay to make the poor things sit there half the day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by